Hard Shifting Transmission Issues, Keep After Rover

Hard Shifting Transmission Issues, Keep After Rover

This is a discussion on Hard Shifting Transmission Issues, Keep After Rover within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I know I have read on here about many of you having issues with the transmission shifting hard from 1st to 2nd and vice versa. ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #

Exclamation Hard Shifting Transmission Issues, Keep After Rover

I know I have read on here about many of you having issues with the transmission shifting hard from 1st to 2nd and vice versa. I have had this issue with my 2012 Evoque Dynamic since purchasing new and have taken it in on 3 occasions only to be told they couldn't replicate the issue. Recently the shifting was so hard it made a horrible banging noise that sounded like the transmission was falling out of the car, would also throw you back in the seat hard enough to make the belt lock. Long story short this last time I took it in, they finally said they were able to 'reproduce' the problem (after a week of saying no they couldn't and me saying try harder) and on draining the fluid found metal shavings. So after ordering a new one from England, one month later its fixed and finally shifts like I would expect a car at this price point to shift, very smoothly. The problem they said was a gear came apart. For those of you still having issues with this, keep taking it in while its under warranty because I don't think mine is the exception and would suspect it's not a matter of if but when its going to get worse. FYI mine has 37K on it. Also when I first bought this car I went back to dealer a few times to test drive another to see how it compared with mine and they all shifted hard, from that aspect its my opinion there is an issue with at least the early models.... On the up side, it may have taken them a long time but they did fix it and gave me a brand new 2015 Volvo as loaner for a month.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    So, I guess that Consumer Legal Services letter I got yesterday ISN'T a random mailing?? They are following the forums and want us to Invoke the Lemon Law entitlements on 2011-2014 Evoques before the warranty ends. Might be an option...

Member #
    My 2015 Evoque with less than 1000 miles has started to shift hard from 4 to 5th gear.
    2015 Evoque Pure Premium Aintree Green Almond/Espresso Climate Comfort Sirius -Ready for New England's four seasons.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Huh, my 2014 does the hard shift from 1st to 2nd sometimes...not as hard as cluncking...but pretty abrupt shift that's for sure!

Member #
    I took my 2015 model to dealer this week and complained about jerky shift from 4 to5th. They could not reproduce the problem, They reprogrammed the transmission with a new software (recall 4Q50). It did not fix the problem. It is now warmer up here in New England and tranny is not that bad but I can still reproduce the problem when accelerating hard and shifting manually from 4th to 5th.
    Last edited by moilaset; 04-25-2015 at 10:19 AM.
    2015 Evoque Pure Premium Aintree Green Almond/Espresso Climate Comfort Sirius -Ready for New England's four seasons.

Member #
    Programming too much into the tranny. With 9 gears should be a pretty straightforward upshift at x rpm and downshift at x rpm. I recommend it downshift no lower than 1800rpm but who am I to know. Trying to eek too much mileage at expense of reliability.. If you want a fuel miser Range Rover is not for you.

Member #
    I took my 2014 Evoque to the dealership after the reprogramming due to the drivability of the vehicle. Since the reprogramming, the engine lags at higher speed (e.g. 50 mph at 1200 rpm) in D and has rough shifting while accelerating in the lower gears in S. The shop foreman drove the vehicle and confirmed my complaints. He said he has had numerous complaints after the reprogramming. I asked him to reprogram the vehicle to its original specification, and he said he had no way to do that. He said he would contact LR regarding my concerns. I then sent an e-mail to LR customer service and received a call from a Terri who said a LR technical person said LR reprogrammed the Evoque at the direction of the Federal Government. That being said, I asked to speak to the technical person and also be provided a copy of the Federal Government paperwork requiring LR to reprogram the Evoque. She said she could not provide either. Would LR reprogram the Evoques gratis? I asked to meet with the local LR technical representative, and I was referred to the dealership. I told her one of the reasons I purchased the Evoque was its drivability, smooth shifting of a 9 speed transmission and its responsiveness for a 4 cylinder engine. When the engine lags at higher speeds, the response time to accelerate from an incident goes up with the transmission in a high gear at a higher cruising mph. With this in mind, I wonder if LR would respond positively to the owners if a Lemon Law safety complaint were filed?

Member #
    My instincts are BS on the Fed govt requiring a reprogram. I have made myself quite clear with the service manager about the tranny issues. A comprehensive reprogramming may be needed, preferably to satisfy individual customers needs and parameter. That would be the top shelf solution.

Member #
    I wonder if a real solution exists with this 9 speed tranny. Mine is jerky, hesitates, and just generally not very good. It's unlikely I'll keep it long enough til it finally gets sorted. I had the reprogram done a month or so ago and didn't notice any change one way or the other.

Member #
    I wonder if using a 9 speed transmission with the Ford 4 cylinder boosted engine is the problem. I don't believe Ford uses that combination in any of its vehicles. I've sent a follow-up to LR to try an get at least a software patch to go back to the original specifications.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads