Are you sportin' winter tires?

This is a discussion on Are you sportin' winter tires? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Or, for some of you, "tyres"? In Minnesota, I have always gotten winter tires for my 2wd vehicles. Going to an AWD car, I had ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Or, for some of you, "tyres"?

In Minnesota, I have always gotten winter tires for my 2wd vehicles. Going to an AWD car, I had hoped to get by without the switch. Are most colder region folks using summer/performance tires and switching to winter tires? If so, did you get alternate rims, and where did you order them from?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Normally you still need winter tyres with AWD if you want to drive sporty in winter. Landrover should have the rims. I saw some winter tyres and rims at my dealers.

Member #
    Thank you. I think I will try a few snowfalls next winter and see how it goes. I'm not getting 20" rims, do maybe AWD with all seasons will be sufficient. I don't need to be super sporty, just safe (although sporty would be fun!)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I always run snows...every AWD car or truck I have owned really improved the safe stopping distances which to me is accident avoidance at its best...worth the small investment....

.....if you can afford a Range Rover you can afford the neccessary safety equipment...don't cheap out on winter safety

Paul

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianEvoque View Post
    I always run snows...every AWD car or truck I have owned really improved the safe stopping distances which to me is accident avoidance at its best...worth the small investment....

.....if you can afford a Range Rover you can afford the neccessary safety equipment...don't cheap out on winter safety

Paul
    +1 on this
    I wanted winter tires on my RRE but the dealership said no they won't swap out the allseason contis. Plus tthey had no more stock of whatever winter tires they carried for the size I needed. I was going to have a second set of wheels for summer anyway so it made sense to just have the winters on.

It's the stopping distance that is important in winter not so much the power to the wheels.

Member #
    In December I swapped out the Michelan Lattitude summer tires that came standard on my 20" shadow chrome wheels. I purchased Bridgestone Blizzaks, and they are awesome. Chicago has not been hit too badly with snow, but on those days that I needed them, these snow tires really gripped the road, and I stopped without slipping, and turned without sliding. I traded in my RR LSE for this car, and the Evoque has superior winter handling. Whole hearted recommendation to switch to snows in winter. The tread pattern on the Blizzak is very cool and the combo wheel/tire looks great.

Member #
    I have the stock M+S Continentals. Just returned from the snow and was shocked at how poor they are, in fact they felt dangerous. Love them on the highway and off road, but they won't be going back to the snow.

Member #
    Are they the "all seasons" that come with the 19" wheels, or the 20" summer tires, Gimme? Was this road with snow and ice, or was it off road?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Evocurious View Post
    Are they the "all seasons" that come with the 19" wheels, or the 20" summer tires, Gimme? Was this road with snow and ice, or was it off road?
    I have the 19" Cross Contact M+S. There were some icy roads, some fresh snow, and some hard pack, the tires were slippery on all. I'm a pretty seasoned winter driver and have had numerous all wheel drive cars, the Continentals are among the worst I've experienced for snow. Love them everywhere else.

Name:  Evoque2.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  490.1 KB

Member #
    Thanks for the info.

I had not ordered the 20" Sparkle 6 rims for my Prestige yet (expected delivery May5), was debating on it. So yesterday I inquired about getting the 20" added, with the plan of getting new rims with Blizzaks next winter and switching them by season. Turns out you can't get even the wheels swapped this late in the game. The last day I could amend my order was Feb 20 according to them. I was surprised by this. There's still 45d+ before delivery! I guess things happen for a reason.

I was thinking of powdercoating the 20 spoke standard Prestige rims- I think they'd look better in black. Any thoughts from you guys?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads