Remote start / Fuel operated parking heater / Engine block heater

This is a discussion on Remote start / Fuel operated parking heater / Engine block heater within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Does anyone got experience about installing any of these systems, Remote start / Fuel operated parking heater / Engine block heater, to Evoque here in ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Remote start / Fuel operated parking heater / Engine block heater

Member #

Does anyone got experience about installing any of these systems, Remote start / Fuel operated parking heater / Engine block heater, to Evoque here in US?
    2015 Evoque Pure Premium Aintree Green Almond/Espresso Climate Comfort Sirius -Ready for New England's four seasons.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I am having the Viper Remote start installed on the 9th so I will keep you posted.

Member #
    Looking forward to hear how it goes. Local installer here in MA told that he could not install Viper to my 15' model since Viper does not have the 'bypass module'??? for my 15' Evoque. Instead, he quoted me for $1000 to install a system from Land Rover plus I would have to sacrifice one key to complete the installation. I skipped it.
    2015 Evoque Pure Premium Aintree Green Almond/Espresso Climate Comfort Sirius -Ready for New England's four seasons.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by moilaset View Post
    Looking forward to hear how it goes. Local installer here in MA told that he could not install Viper to my 15' model since Viper does not have the 'bypass module'??? for my 15' Evoque. Instead, he quoted me for $1000 to install a system from Land Rover plus I would have to sacrifice one key to complete the installation. I skipped it.
    Well that's $100 dollars cheaper them my dealer. Plus I am also buying a 3rd key that will be hidden in the car so this really hurts but it sure will be nice on the negative temp days.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    Well that's $100 dollars cheaper them my dealer. Plus I am also buying a 3rd key that will be hidden in the car so this really hurts but it sure will be nice on the negative temp days.
    How much was the extra key?

Member #
    $457.00 and yes that is insane

Marty-MJ
    www.garagescene.net

Member #
    Picked up my Evoque at the dealer last night and so far I am very happy with the remote start.

Here is what it looks like and the instructions

Name:  2014 12-09 Evoque Remote Start (1).JPG
Views: 961
Size:  1.03 MBName:  2014 12-09 Evoque Remote Start (2).JPG
Views: 853
Size:  1.42 MBName:  2014 12-09 Evoque Remote Start (3).JPG
Views: 865
Size:  1.39 MB

Super Moderator
    Member #
    I can tell you from personal experience that there is an error in the "Folding Side View Mirror" section of your instructions, at least for a 2013 model. I had access to an Evoque Owners Manual while waiting for my Evoque to be built and delivered. I read the section of the owners manual about having the dealer disable the folding mirror option. Since I keep my vehicles a long time, I had this feature disabled, to save wear and tear on the mirror motors. The manual lead me to believe that only the "locking" portion of the folding mirrors would be disabled, and I could still use the mirror buttons to fold the mirrors. WRONG! It is an all or nothing feature. At my first service, I had the option for the folding mirrors reactivated.
    Last edited by Rsquared; 12-10-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Member #
    Thanks for the update, have to think about if I want to go with this.

Member #
    Quick Update on the remote start set up.

Right now the dealer is trying to figure out the lack of range as it's good for about 30 feet at best which is pretty much useless. If I put the remote on my check I get about 50 feet and that's a pain in the ass as it's hard to tell when the light flashes on the remote.

A couple possibilities is the heated windshield is causing the problem as the antenna is on the passenger side. Faulty antenna which it might be as even if I try to start it with the rear end facing me it still has crappy range. Hopefully they will figure it out in the next couple days and I promise I will keep you guys posted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads