Can somebody please tell me what this is called

This is a discussion on Can somebody please tell me what this is called within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Today I had to open my hood for the first time in couple of months because I have to fill the antifreeze. And I noticed ...

Member #

Today I had to open my hood for the first time in couple of months because I have to fill the antifreeze.
    And I noticed cover for the battery was loose like a good it was in the centre of engine bay. To my suprise none of the screws were on there.
    But anyways I closed the bonnet and went in the car to see a Bonnet opened warning sign and when I went to reopen and clsoe the bonet
    the plastic black part where the clasp goes was broken..there are 2 black plastic pin like things under and one was broken.
    I don't know what this part is called so I have uploaded a photo.
    Does anyone think it is safe to drive with the bonnet opened message? I mean I closed the hood and it seems to lock pretty good I cannot like lift it up or anything.

Thanks in advance.

This not not actual photo under my hood as it is very cold and snowing hard outside so I got this pic online.
    Name:  2014_range_rover_evoque_engines_performance.jpg
Views: 2771
Size:  245.4 KB

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    The center opening your arrow is pointing to, is what the bonnet safety catch goes into. The actual bonnet latches, there are two, are the rectangular openings to the right and left of where your arrow is pointing. The bonnet will stay down, and there should be no drivability issues. EXCEPT... you will not be able to lock the vehicle! The bonnet closed sensor in located on the driver's side bonnet latch. If you look behind the latch, you will see an electrical connector. This connects to the bonnet sensor, make sure it is connected. One of our forum members had the connector come loose and cause the same problem you are seeing.

https://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/ev...r-problem.html
    Last edited by Rsquared; 11-19-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Member #
    Thank you very musch Rsquared.. the piece the latches attached to which i showed im the pic also came off so it is lose.. so I am guessing it won't matter as long as the latches are clamped in properly?
    I will check to see if the sensor cableis attached once again thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Just to add some comedy...the thing the arrow is pointing to is called a "hole".

Member #
    Funny you posted this as I just lost one of those battery cover screw thingies myself. It fell into the vast void of the engine bay and I searched for it for 20 minutes. I'd love to just order another if anyone knows of a part number.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Below is a link to the parts diagram for the battery tray, cover etc. The only thing is ,they don't list the four hold down screws. I find this very strange.
    I looked at several Range Rover dealer sites, and they all have the same parts diagram. It shouldn't be this hard!

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Parts - Land Rover Parts Center - Call (800) 574-9217 for Genuine Land Rover Parts and Accessories

Member #
    I too had my hood latch plastic break, days after getting my 2014 Evoque (US market) in early January. It was brutally cold (-20 deg F, -29 deg C) and I had to slam the hood quite hard to get the hood light to go out, which combined with the cold, may have been what did it.

And the hood sensor did eventually fail and had to be replaced.

-- Paul

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Funny you posted this as I just lost one of those battery cover screw thingies myself. It fell into the vast void of the engine bay and I searched for it for 20 minutes. I'd love to just order another if anyone knows of a part number.
    Did the same thing -- don't give up, it's in there... I found mine.

Ads