Fuel Injection or Lemon?

Fuel Injection or Lemon?

This is a discussion on Fuel Injection or Lemon? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I had my 2012 Evoque In for service about a month ago because It was "chugging" at higher speeds (65-70 mph freeway). It felt like ...

Member #

Fuel Injection or Lemon?

I had my 2012 Evoque In for service about a month ago because It was "chugging" at higher speeds (65-70 mph freeway). It felt like the engine was skipping or like when you let off on the clutch. Dealler said it was probably the fuel injection and replaced it, after contacting Land Rover techs. They also made some computer updates - kept it a week and technician drove it home to replicate the issue. It also idles really rough all the time - lots of vibration. After a couple of weeks, it's doing the chugging again. What has me concerned is the letter I just got from Consumer Legal Services stating several owners of 2011-2014 Evoques have experienced problems with engine, suspension, steering, fuel system and electrical systems. They point out I may be entitled to "Vehicle Refund, Vehicle Replacement, or Money Damages under state and federal Lemon Laws. Wonder if I should pursue?? Land Rover isn't doing a great job of diagnosing so far, and I've been down this road with an Audi TT!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Here is the link to the text of the Lemon Law. Lemon Law - Free Case Review - LemonAuto.com (this is the same website that is connected to Consumer Legal Services)

I would not consider the letter you received to be any more than good marketing from a lemon law attorney. Forums are generally not a good representation of a vehicle because most people post to complain about problems. You don't get a whole lot of "Another day of no issues" posts.

But as a lemon law attorney, it would surely be a target rich environment.

Ads