Jazzing up the engine compartment

This is a discussion on Jazzing up the engine compartment within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; So............. have had my Evoque for almost two days! Was thinking about doing some customizing in the engine compartment. My thought is to paint the ...

Member #

So............. have had my Evoque for almost two days! Was thinking about doing some customizing in the engine compartment. My thought is to paint the black engine cover wrinkle finish red. My Evoque is orkney gray. The other thought is to have it painted orkney gray. Just kicking around some ideas. WOrst case is I ruin it and need to buy a new one but the cover is onlyu $94. so not a huge deal.

Thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by zvez View Post
    So............. have had my Evoque for almost two days! Was thinking about doing some customizing in the engine compartment. My thought is to paint the black engine cover wrinkle finish red. My Evoque is orkney gray. The other thought is to have it painted orkney gray. Just kicking around some ideas. WOrst case is I ruin it and need to buy a new one but the cover is onlyu $94. so not a huge deal.

Thoughts?
    My suggestion would be to use Plasti Dip. It is a spray on plastic, that comes in a lot of different colors. The great thing is, if you don't like it, or mess up the spray job, you can just peel it
    off and start over. I used Plasti Dip to spray my front and back "skid plates" black. I think it looks better than the two tone silver.

Below is a link to some pictures from one of our members who did something similar to his skid plates, although he didn't use the Plasti Dip like I did.

https://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/ev...ar-bumper.html

Member #
    thanks for the tip and link!

Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    My suggestion would be to use Plasti Dip. It is a spray on plastic, that comes in a lot of different colors. The great thing is, if you don't like it, or mess up the spray job, you can just peel it
    off and start over. I used Plasti Dip to spray my front and back "skid plates" black. I think it looks better than the two tone silver.

Below is a link to some pictures from one of our members who did something similar to his skid plates, although he didn't use the Plasti Dip like I did.

https://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/ev...ar-bumper.html

Ads