Audible alarm for double lock: Evoque 2014

This is a discussion on Audible alarm for double lock: Evoque 2014 within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I do not get the audible alarm for double lock, although the option is ticked in vehicle setup menu of the instrument panel. Is there ...

Member #

I do not get the audible alarm for double lock, although the option is ticked in vehicle setup menu of the instrument panel. Is there anything else which prevents the alarm? The horn works ok, otherwise.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bandulat View Post
    I do not get the audible alarm for double lock, although the option is ticked in vehicle setup menu of the instrument panel. Is there anything else which prevents the alarm? The horn works ok, otherwise.
    Are you sure your alarm system is functioning correctly? If you hold down the "Panic" button (the Red triangle button) on your key fob for three seconds, the alarm should go off,
    with blinking lights AND the horn sounding. This should prove the alarm system will sound the horn. You can cancel the panic alarm by again pressing the Panic button for three seconds.

If the horn doesn't sound in the Panic mode, you may have a problem with the alarm system.
    Last edited by Rsquared; 12-28-2014 at 10:19 AM.

Member #
    Thank you for the response. The horn does not sound on Panic button. I think I need to go to the dealer. There is a "Last Warning" remaining in the instrument panel as "Panic Button" (It is correct, since I operated Panic Button few days ago, but I remember the double lock worked thereafter). How do I clear such Last Warnings?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Thank you for the response. The horn does not sound on Panic button. I think I need to go to the dealer. There is a "Last Warning" remaining in the instrument panel as "Panic Button" (It is correct, since I operated Panic Button few days ago, but I remember the double lock worked thereafter). How do I clear such Last Warnings?
    I went out and set off my alarm with the Panic button. I did not get any messages in the instrument panel, so I can't help you with clearing the warning message. Sorry.
    Last edited by Rsquared; 12-29-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Member #
    Have you checked for a blown fuse for the alarm?
    Last edited by Rovingvic; 12-29-2014 at 04:35 PM.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Dear Rsquared, The alarm is in Instrument Panel Main Menu>Vehicle info> Last Alarm.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Dear Rsquared, The alarm is in Instrument Panel Main Menu>Vehicle info> Last Alarm.
    Bandulat,

I have a MY2013 and to see the last alarm it is a little different than a MY2014, it is Main Menu>Service Menu>Last Alarm Status. Because I set off my Panic Alarm,
    I too see "Panic Button" as the last alarm.
    There is no need to clear this message, it is just a holding place to show the last reason the alarm was activated.
    Last edited by Rsquared; 12-30-2014 at 09:21 AM.

Member #
    Dear Rsquared, Finally the fault was located by the dealer-a rat has eaten into the siren wire! But more startling was the revelation by the dealer that 3 Evoques have already come to them with such rat-intrusions to the engine. Any such experiences from other markets?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Dear Rsquared, Finally the fault was located by the dealer-a rat has eaten into the siren wire! But more startling was the revelation by the dealer that 3 Evoques have already come to them with such rat-intrusions to the engine. Any such experiences from other markets?
    Bandulat,

Glad they found your problem. Hopefully it was an easy fix.

Ads