Where are Headlamp Fuses?

This is a discussion on Where are Headlamp Fuses? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I am having a problem with the driver's side (left) halogen headlamp operating in my 2013 Evoque – both high and low beam are out. ...

Member #

I am having a problem with the driver's side (left) halogen headlamp operating in my 2013 Evoque – both high and low beam are out. The owner's manual lists the fuses but there is no headlamp fuse shown. There is an AFS headlamp fuse mentioned in the engine compartment fuse box, but I don't have the AFS, auto leveling - lights turn into corner feature and it appears this is for the turning operation of the headlamps and is not for the actual lighting of the lamps. Are there fuse / fuses for the headlamps?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I'm sure someone will respond with the fuse location but I question if that is your real problem.
    I would think the fuse would control both lights and not just one side. But continuing with the fuse issue, fuses don't blow unless something has gone wrong. I would check to see what caused the fuse to blow. It could even be something obvious like a failed headlamp.

Member #
    Sorry for any confusion. The fuse panel image I showed here was for an LR3.
    Last edited by Rovingvic; 01-28-2015 at 11:22 AM.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #

Too many fuse boxes!
    Last edited by Rovingvic; 01-28-2015 at 11:35 AM.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    I apologize for the incorrect info. I was trying to do too many things at the same time and just wasn't focusing on which RR vehicles were displayed.
    Last edited by Rovingvic; 01-28-2015 at 11:39 AM. Reason: wrong fuse panel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Rovingvic,

Excellent information and very well done!

However, looking in my paper owners manual, as well as at a manual online at TOPIX, I can't find the pictures you have posted.
    Where did you get these? I also agree with you that fuses don't blow, unless there is a problem that causes excessive current flow.

Member #
    Fuse box locations - Fuses - Range Rover Evoque Owners Manual ...
    www.larotech.org268 × 329Search by image
    ... Range Rover Evoque. Fuse box locations

I hope it helps mstraka. The first one seems to be generic and I will remove as I can't verify if it's for our Evoques.

I was at the office waiting for a conference call when I saw his post so I started Googling.

Member #
    The dead left lamp was very simple, just a vaporized bulb. I didn’t know that both high and low beams used the same filament so that when the bulb burns out both high and low beams go out. I thought it was a fuse issue since both intensities were affected. The bulb was a high output halogen Sylvania Sulverstar Ultra. Great improvement over the stock bulbs in light output but this one had a very short life. About 15 hrs. Sylvania notes that because of its high output that the life is 1/4 the normal 65 watt and estimates its life to approximately 120 hrs. But 15 hrs.? I still find it odd that there is no fuse listed for the Evoque’s headlights in the owner’s manual.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Glad you found your problem, and it was nothing more serious than a bad bulb. Looks like DaytonaEvoque's suggestion about a bad bulb was correct.
    I also agree that the fuse information in the owner's manual seems incomplete.

Member #
    The pair of bulbs, where the one burnt out, both have deposits along the inner side of the glass bulb. Each glass has two pools of this dark deposited stuff about 180 degrees opposite each deposit and also a third deposit at the tip of the bulb glass. Could this have been molten solder and contributed to the failure?
    Last edited by mstraka; 01-29-2015 at 08:53 PM.

Ads