Converting Halogen headlights to Bi-Xenon Headlights with HID On Range Rover Evoque

Converting Halogen headlights to Bi-Xenon Headlights with HID On Range Rover Evoque

This is a discussion on Converting Halogen headlights to Bi-Xenon Headlights with HID On Range Rover Evoque within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I recently bought the Bi-xenon headlights with HID OEM unit on ebay to convert my halogen headlight.. The Bi-Xenon DRL's lit up just fine but ...

Member #

I recently bought the Bi-xenon headlights with HID OEM unit on ebay to convert my halogen headlight.. The Bi-Xenon DRL's lit up just fine but the HID doesnt fire up. Need some help.. I have converted the halogen bulbs to HID's on the past but then you don't have the Daylight Running Lights (DRL's).

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Did you ever have any luck Tsan1984. Hoping you'll post your solution if/when you get one. Good luck.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rebl View Post
    Did you ever have any luck Tsan1984. Hoping you'll post your solution if/when you get one. Good luck.
    Nothing yet, my passenger side works perfect, DRLS work on the right side as well, but not the HID, it comes on and then shuts off

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tsan1984 View Post
    Nothing yet, my passenger side works perfect, DRLS work on the right side as well, but not the HID, it comes on and then shuts off
    Do the ballast match? I purchased preowned and the day I took it home the headlights were intermittent, not to mention the lights were different colors. I pulled the ballasts out and noted different bulb type and voltage values on the ballasts.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovingvic View Post
    Do the ballast match? I purchased preowned and the day I took it home the headlights were intermittent, not to mention the lights were different colors. I pulled the ballasts out and noted different bulb type and voltage values on the ballasts.
    Not sure I understand the question.. I bought two similar DRL lights from eBay.. Have now shipped to Drew's garage, they will do the conversion to work on RR Evoque Pure to perform as the ones on premium/ dynamic. If you were to convert the bulbs to HID, the ballast connectors won't match.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tsan1984 View Post
    I was commenting on the statement in quotes.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Ads