Tire Pressure Warning Experience

This is a discussion on Tire Pressure Warning Experience within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; This may be useful information for anyone who may have to replace a damaged tire. I hit an edge of a sewer grate that destroyed ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mstraka

Thread: Tire Pressure Warning Experience

Member #

This may be useful information for anyone who may have to replace a damaged tire. I hit an edge of a sewer grate that destroyed one of my front tires. I pulled over and replaced the damaged tire with the spare. As the spare has no pressure sensor, while driving home on this spare, the dash info alerted me to the tires location and a lack of tire pressure. The next day I took the destroyed tire, mounted on its rim, to a tire shop. They removed the destroyed Continental tire and mounted to the rim a used tire of the same type and size. I had this used Continental tire for a situation such as this. When I remounted the correctly inflated replacement tire on my Evoque, the low pressure warning remained. I assumed the tire shop had damaged the pressure sensor in the rim when changing the tires. While driving to the tire shop to complain about this, having driven about five miles, the pressure warning light finally went out, and has remained out. I assume this delay is how the system works.
    Last edited by mstraka; 03-01-2015 at 06:38 PM.
    Rovingvic and lindacai like this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Good information. Thanks for the post!
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    I think what you experienced may be covered in the owner’s manual in the TPMS section. There are several places where the manual mentions having
    to drive above 18MPH for 10
    minutes to get the TPMS to reset. So I think you are correct when saying this delay is how the system works.

"Should the TPMS warning for any wheel not
    clear, even after ensuring correct inflation and
    driving for more than 10 minutes above
    18mph (25km/h), consult your
    Retailer/Authorized Repairer."

Last edited by Rsquared; 03-01-2015 at 06:04 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    This is quite normal and most vehicles with TPM systems have this reset delay

Ads