Second battery - Page 2

Second battery

This is a discussion on Second battery within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rsquared It appears that the pictures are from a right hand drive Evoque. Looking at my Evoque, the brake fluid reservoir is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Second battery

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    It appears that the pictures are from a right hand drive Evoque. Looking at my Evoque, the brake fluid reservoir is where this picture shows the secondary battery. On a right hand drive Evoque
    the brake fluid reservoir is under a separate cover on the right hand side of the vehicle.

I don't really understand how this secondary battery is replaced. Like you said, on the left hand drive Evoques that battery (and the small access panel) is moved more over toward the passenger side. But when the access panel is removed all it does is barely give you access to the positive terminal. It looks like the entire plastic piece that runs the full width of the car and goes under the windshield wipers would have to be removed. And it appears that this pieces actually has a semi-permanent seal to the bottom part of the windshield. Does anyone know how to change/access this secondary battery? I haven't been able to find it in the service manual.

When did the Evoque add the Eco auto start/stop functionality with the secondary battery and twin solenoid starter? My service manual claims to be a 2015 but it doesn't mention the 9 speed transmission so it is obviously a 2013 or older manual. Since I can't find any mention of the second battery, the start/stop or a twin solenoid starter in the manual I am assuming it was added in 2014 or later.
    Last edited by lemmy999; 03-07-2018 at 12:55 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    So if your Eco start stops working it’s may be because the secondary battery has failed? Is this a dealer only part? Haven’t run across it in my search for a replacement primary battery.

Member #
    Has anyone seen a good step-by-step procedure for replacing the primary /secondary battery?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoqueMe14 View Post
    Has anyone seen a good step-by-step procedure for replacing the primary /secondary battery?
    This video might help you for the primary battery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Where is the second battery on a 2012 evoque? Why does the evoque need a second battery?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    The second battery is used as part of the stop/start system. The MY2012 and MY2013 didn't have the stop/start feature, so they would not have the second battery.

Member #
    2012 second battery is under passenger side dash, it controls the gear selector and other things.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by redrovor View Post
    2012 second battery is under passenger side dash, it controls the gear selector and other things.
    That's on all Evoques, models with stop/start ,also have the another battery shown in the picture above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads