Cheaper Parts for Evoque in Toronto area?

Cheaper Parts for Evoque in Toronto area?

This is a discussion on Cheaper Parts for Evoque in Toronto area? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hey, I'll bet this is in the wrong section so apologies in advance but anyone know anywhere that can replace my 2014 Evoque rear, drivers ...

Member #

Question Cheaper Parts for Evoque in Toronto area?

Hey, I'll bet this is in the wrong section so apologies in advance but anyone know anywhere that can replace my 2014 Evoque rear, drivers side fog light in the bumper? Not tail light, but the bottom one. Some clown backed into my bumper and cracked it into pieces
    so it needs to be replaced. Called all the Land Rover dealers in Toronto for quotes and as expected astounding numbers came back. Highest one was Thornhill at over $600!!! 3.5hrs labour they said, right....Not changing the engine lol

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Sorry to hear about your mishap! The "clown" that backed into your Evoque broke something very small, but is very expensive. The fog lamp can be purchased at the link below
    for $85.00 US. The bloody bulb is $40.00! The owner's manual says that it takes special tools to replace the bulb. Why do manufacturers build things like this!?

I would talk to a reputable body shop in your area, and see if they would do the labour if you supply the part. It usually doesn't cost anything to ask, and it might be a lot cheaper
    than the dealer labour rate.

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Parts - Land Rover Parts Center - Call (800) 574-9217 for Genuine Land Rover Parts and Accessories

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Here is a link to a video of how to change the rear fog light on the Evoque. It appears that the rear bumper has to come off to do this.
    Hence, the high quote for the labour to replace the fog light. It looks like the bulb can be replaced with the bumper in place. Not sure why the owner's
    manual says it takes special tools. There is also a video showing how to remove the rear bumper. These videos are both from Powerful UK Ltd. in the
    UK. They have many useful videos on how to replace various things on the Evoque.

I hope this helps.

Fog Light video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60i9xMKjR_w

Bumper removal video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyMkF18C-pY

Ads