Shifting and engine cooler fan question

This is a discussion on Shifting and engine cooler fan question within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I just had the transmission recall performed to soften up the shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear but now it shifts hard from 1st to ...

Member #

I just had the transmission recall performed to soften up the shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear but now it shifts hard from 1st to 2nd. Has anyone else experienced the herky-jerky shifting in the lower gears?

And, does anyone else have their coolant or engine fan turning on and off often?

These two things really are annoying, especially the shifting. I love my evoque but I am ready to trade it in after only a couple months of ownership.

Thank you for your replies.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Love 99% of this vehicle but the tranny is a CF. Dealer is going to see about software update but frankly, TPS is too sensitive, no 4 banger should ever work at 1600rpms etc. If I don't like the dealers solution I'm going to get ETS or someone to make me a custom tune.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ddsski View Post
    Love 99% of this vehicle but the tranny is a CF. Dealer is going to see about software update but frankly, TPS is too sensitive, no 4 banger should ever work at 1600rpms etc. If I don't like the dealers solution I'm going to get ETS or someone to make me a custom tune.
    I know what you mean. I have the 6 speed transmission and have decided to leave it in sport mode, which keeps in a lower gear / higher RPM driving around town. I only switch to the drive mode when I am on the freeway, but if freeway traffic slows down I switch back to sport mode.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Ads