Close to Purchasing, BUT......

This is a discussion on Close to Purchasing, BUT...... within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello, I've been following the Evoque for about a year now and finally ordered a Dynamic about 2 months ago. It should be arriving sometime ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Hello, I've been following the Evoque for about a year now and finally ordered a Dynamic about 2 months ago. It should be arriving sometime next month but I still have the option of getting a refund on my deposit if for some reason I don't like it. I know this car still has some issues despite it going into it's fourth model year.

Having been a former customer of Lexus before, I am dreading the day that I'll need repair or warranty service from JLR on the Evoque. It seems like JLR has horrible customer service, poor reliability and their mechanics don't always know what they are doing, or they take forever to get parts or fix a problem. Reading horror stories about cars being in the shop for a month or more is simply inexcusable. But the thing is that JLR claims to have sold over 300,000 Evoques since 2011 so they can't all be defective with unhappy customers. And I have read a few cases where owners have been relatively happy with this cross over for a few years.

However, since JLR doesn't seem to listen to customers or they often provide lame excuses that things are operating as designed when clearly there are problems with transmission programming, electrical system, etc, what do you think can be done about this? As you might have heard, China just asked JLR recently to recall over 36,000 Evoques from 2014 and 2015 to fix gear boxes, noise and other problems. But what about other countries? Am I going to have this problem too in my new Evoque?

Do you think it would help if everyone with Evoque problems signed a petition and send it to perhaps The Queen, or Prince Charles? Then they can summon the head mucky muck of JLR to The Palace or one of the Castles and interrogate him about the deplorable lack of quality control and lack of response to customers, and making submit a plan to fix these problems or face having their factory shut down. If that isn't feasible, and it might not be, then we'd have to go the other route to petition someone in the Indian government to make Tata Motors responsive to these continuing problems.

Besides the quality issues with the Evoque, I'm now faced with a dilemma of whether to hold off for the 2016 model that will start production probably in a couple of months. Some complaints seem to have been addressed like the redesigned seats, better computer infotainment system, more aggressive front bumper, LED lighting and other upgrades. Right now, I'd feel like I'd be buying last years model at full price. The stealer/dealers really aren't offering any discounts in this area. Any input would be considered before I am faced with a decision to buy, hold off for 2016 or pass altogether.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I bought my 15 Evoque in December. I must say the build quality and overall presentation of the vehicle is superb! Stands apart from all the other SUVS out there.

That said, my evoque has around 2000 miles. I've had to take it to the dealer twice and will return a third time to fit a part that wasn't available. One month after purchase I got a check engine light, no degradation of the performance so figured it was a loose gas cap or such. Up there first time they reset, CEL came on again a couple weeks later, then it go out after a couple weeks and come back on. At the dealer yesterday, they replaced some type of pump that pressurizes the system to make sure emission functioning right, they found it needed another part they didnt have. So in a week or two I've got to back to have that fitted. My dealer is 140 miles away, so essentially it kills a day with 280 mile round trip.

The dealership is first rate and very impressed with the service and level of expertise.

The other issue is the auto transmission is very lumpy and has an intermittent hesitation in shifting, they did a recalibration yesterday as part of a recall.

I do regret buying this just in terms of the long distance to /from the dealer, but at time of purchase, once year didn't seem such a big deal, now after two trips and a third coming in three months, not so enthusiast.

In retrospect I should've bought an x3 or something I could service locally. I don't foresee keeping this vehicle for more than a year.

It is a gorgeous car tho.

Unless you're close to your dealer, I'd walk away, never look back and buy something else................

Member #
    Happy with my new to me 2012. So far really enjoying it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Very Happy with my 2013 Evoque Coupe (14,000 miles.) Its a joy to drive. My dealer's service has been superb. Only two minor warranty issues, the release mechanisms for the forward tilting coupe seat needed to be replaced and water condensation in the tail lights, the lights were replaced. No electrical problems and the 6 spd. transmission shifts perfectly, especially when using the paddle shifters. Love the car.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mstraka View Post
    Very Happy with my 2013 Evoque Coupe (14,000 miles.) Its a joy to drive. My dealer's service has been superb. Only two minor warranty issues, the release mechanisms for the forward tilting coupe seat needed to be replaced and water condensation in the tail lights, the lights were replaced. No electrical problems and the 6 spd. transmission shifts perfectly, especially when using the paddle shifters. Love the car.
    Most transmission complaints seems to be with the 9 speed.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    yep the 9 speed is pretty jerky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovingvic View Post
    Most transmission complaints seems to be with the 9 speed.

Member #
    I purchased my Evoque last November and currently have about 5000 miles on it. I am in the mountains with it once a week, and it gets around very well. My dealer is about 15 minutes away, so getting there is obviously easy. If I had to drive 140 miles JLR to the dealer (or any brand's dealer, for that matter), there is no way I would consider a JLR vehicle.
    Nothing has acted up in any way, though I did go in for the QA950 transmission program update. This is the first car I have owned with an automatic transmission, so I cannot give anyone good feedback on the Evoque's 9-speed.
    All-in-all, I am happy with the Evoque, and will probably go JLR when I upgrade my wife's car.

Member #
    Hey Randall, if you live in the UK you will have the worst dealer experience possible as no instrument devised by man can measure the extent of their arrogance or incompetence. If you are in the States you stand a far, far better chance of having a good experience. Bought my 2013 new and have had zero issues. One of the reasons I chose the car (A Dynamic) was my past experience with this dealer, from whom we have bought eight LR products.

Member #
    I'm very happy with Land Rover Gwinett a great bunch and very customer focused!

Quote Originally Posted by scrannel View Post
    Hey Randall, if you live in the UK you will have the worst dealer experience possible as no instrument devised by man can measure the extent of their arrogance or incompetence. If you are in the States you stand a far, far better chance of having a good experience. Bought my 2013 new and have had zero issues. One of the reasons I chose the car (A Dynamic) was my past experience with this dealer, from whom we have bought eight LR products.

Member #
    My 2015 9 spd transmission shifts very smooth, not jerky and seems perfect. I did drive a 2014 9 spd that was a loaner car and it didn't always shift smoothly but I figured it was abused like a rental car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads