Error- Two Wheel Drive Only- Traction Reduced

This is a discussion on Error- Two Wheel Drive Only- Traction Reduced within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi all, Had the "2 Wheel Drive Only Traction Reduced" message this morning. Turned car off and on and message went away. Off to the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Hi all,

Had the "2 Wheel Drive Only Traction Reduced" message this morning. Turned car off and on and message went away. Off to the dealer when they open.

Anyone on the forum deal with this? Internet chatter says this is the rear differential.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Your post is the 1st time I've heard this. What year model is your Evoque? Let us know when you hear something.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Hey Vic,

2014 Pure Premium. About 8,000 miles. There is a post on babyrr regarding this issue. One of the techs happened to be in the lobby when I dropped it off. He said he'd never heard of it before. I told him what I read on the internet. He said that an issue with the rear diff software or rear diff itself seemed to make sense.

Also in for the first service. Service message said it was due in about 300 miles so I'm having them do that while it's there.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Dealer called. Said it was software related. I'll pick it up sometime today.

Member #
    That's good news. At least it isn't mechanical related.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    I had this happen once, a few days after getting my 2014 Evoque over a year ago. It was -20 deg F that morning. It's never happened since.

Member #
    Just a heads-up: be sure your battery is in good shape. A lot of random errors can be caused by a poor battery and dealers generally don't catch it.

Member #
    Thanks scrannel. I'll keep that in mind in case it or other random errors pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by scrannel View Post
    Just a heads-up: be sure your battery is in good shape. A lot of random errors can be caused by a poor battery and dealers generally don't catch it.

Member #
    Had a similar problem after nearly 80k miles... dealer thought it was the Rear Differential Control Module. After some troubleshooting and investigation, an independent mechanic isolated a wiring harness fault (corroded connector), which caused intermittent communications to and failure of the rear differential. Huge Repair Cost.
    Last edited by eastrnma; 03-28-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DVFlyer View Post
    Hi all,

Had the "2 Wheel Drive Only Traction Reduced" message this morning. Turned car off and on and message went away. Off to the dealer when they open.

Anyone on the forum deal with this? Internet chatter says this is the rear differential.
    Just happened to me. 2015 Pure Plus with 11K mi on it. Happened twice, then it hasn't returned in the past 2 weeks. given that the dealer is about a 45 min drive, I haven't taken it in just for this issue, which has apparently healed itself.

EasternMa- thanks for describing the expensive fix. I'll make sure mine's addressed under warranty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads