White smoke under acceleration

This is a discussion on White smoke under acceleration within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; So I was driving behind the other half and noticed that under acceleration the Evoque produces (a small but noticeable amount of) white smoke. Normally ...

Member #

So I was driving behind the other half and noticed that under acceleration the Evoque produces (a small but noticeable amount of) white smoke. Normally in the winter all cars do this but being 70's and sunny this has me concerned.

Any recommendations on what I should do / check?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    That's abnormal. I'd certainly get it checked at the dealer if still under warranty. White smoke is burning oil. If it does it every time you accelerate then typically this means you have a bad valve guide seal or possibly a failing piston ring. Check your oil level. If you're burning enough oil to produce smoke then more than likely your oil level is very low right now.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefang08 View Post
    So I was driving behind the other half and noticed that under acceleration the Evoque produces (a small but noticeable amount of) white smoke. Normally in the winter all cars do this but being 70's and sunny this has me concerned.

Any recommendations on what I should do / check?
    Isn't white smoke moisture related, such as coolant getting into the combustion chamber? I find it hard to believe that a leaking cylinder heard gasket or a cracked water jacket would occur on a car as new as your Evoque. Hopefully the problem is a smaller issue and it is still covered by warranty.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mstraka View Post
    Isn't white smoke moisture related, such as coolant getting into the combustion chamber? I find it hard to believe that a leaking cylinder heard gasket or a cracked water jacket would occur on a car as new as your Evoque. Hopefully the problem is a smaller issue and it is still covered by warranty.
    Mstraka,

I agree 100%, white smoke is usually moisture related, blue smoke is burning oil.

Member #
    There is a known issue with some water-related seals in the head leaking. Yes, check your coolant level. Had to have mine replaced.

Member #
    I also drive a 2-stroke vehicle. Oil definitely produces white smoke...not blue.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by scrannel View Post
    There is a known issue with some water-related seals in the head leaking. Yes, check your coolant level. Had to have mine replaced.
    The coolant seems okay. Having it in to the dealership here soon so we shall see what they say.

Member #
    White smoke-->head gasket

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ddsski View Post
    White smoke-->head gasket
    Sometimes... but agree water is getting in through the head. If coolant level seems good, then it's probably that "known" issue slowly passing water.

Ads