Connecting Trickle Charger

This is a discussion on Connecting Trickle Charger within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi all, I've bought a battery tender to maintain my battery for the next few months. One question; where do I connect the leads? The ...

Member #

Hi all,

I've bought a battery tender to maintain my battery for the next few months. One question; where do I connect the leads? The charger comes with these small leads that are circular and small, unlike the crocodile clips. How do I attach them to the battery itself? Because it's circular, does that mean I have to unscrew some screws and them attach it as sort of a washer?

Thanks a lot.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    The leads you're referring to are to be left on the battery. I have those attached to my motorcycle battery so the attachment is always there and I tucked the plug in side under the seat. When I return from a ride I can hook the Battery Tender up and forget it. You do have to slip those under a nut on the terminals.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovingvic View Post
    The leads you're referring to are to be left on the battery. I have those attached to my motorcycle battery so the attachment is always there and I tucked the plug in side under the seat. When I return from a ride I can hook the Battery Tender up and forget it. You do have to slip those under a nut on the terminals.
    I see! That seemed a bit troublesome(putting nuts and stuff). I went ahead and clamped it onto the positive terminal and grounded it. I managed to shut the hood with it clamped so I can leave it there.

Ads