Transponder Location (EZpass)

This is a discussion on Transponder Location (EZpass) within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; First trip with tolls last weekend. Kept getting yellow light even though transponder was in clear area (but below blacked out area). Worked fine when ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Transponder Location (EZpass)

Member #

First trip with tolls last weekend. Kept getting yellow light even though transponder was in clear area (but below blacked out area). Worked fine when held up to sunroof. On way home I positioned it high , right up against top frame. Worked every time after that. I was avoiding the black dotted area when being that high is exactly where it needs to be. And yes, it is adynamic with the heated windshield!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Mine has the heated windshield also and I mounted my EZ Tag behind the rear view mirror so when in the driver's seat I don't see it. I've never had a problem with tag detection.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Some windshields don't have the spot for the EZ-Pass tag, I had to get an externally mounted one in my front license plate. You can exchange the transponder one for free at any EZ-Pass office.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    ?? If no "spot" isn't that a vehicle without the heated windshield??

Member #
    Starting with 2013 or 2014 models, the heated windshield has a place to place the EZ-Pass tag. Earlier models did not have this, therefore requiring you to mount externally.

Member #
    Got it. Yet even on heated windshields, you can see that weave in the "cleared out areas. Mine did not work till I placed it at top edge up in the blacked out area.

Member #
    I just spoke with EZpass MA customer care. They told me that the transponder does not work with heated windshields and told me to order a external one.
    2015 Evoque Pure Premium Aintree Green Almond/Espresso Climate Comfort Sirius -Ready for New England's four seasons.

Member #
    I changed mine to an external transponder when I bought the Evoque. A great mounting position is right behind the grille on the right hand side, you don't even know it's there unless you're really looking for it and I haven't had any missed transponder reads yet! Grille is easy enough to remove with just a phillips screwdriver but you'll need a couple of long'ish bolts (and corresponding nuts) to mount it.

Member #
    Will keep in mind. certainly don't want a front plate.

Member #
    Update. Mounted to top edge it works fine in Mass and NH. Now it doesn't work in Maine. How can Land Rover be so [email protected]@@in stupid?? Before I go external, (like the portability for the several vehicles I drive) I may try putting on sunroof inside, say at left edge. Roving Ric, please take a pic and show me where you are getting success. Funny how it worked in Maine in June but not Mass or NH, now it works in Mass and NH but not Maine.

Looked at it again. Funny how EZpass tells you to mount away from darker areas, yet upon closer inspection, I have mine mounted a bit to left side of opening (still completely in the clear with minimal part of transmitter in the darker part of glass at top edge and behind rearview mirror), yet the mounting area is indeed well into the black blockout area behind the rear view mirror as Roving Ric describes. Guess we'll try it moved further right next time.Would have been nice if it was on right but guess the right hand driver's get the advantage on this one.

Real problem is tolls in general. Unfair taxation system. Gas tax affects every driver based on usage, tolls affect only drivers on a few roads. Not to mention congestion, danger, emissions etc they cause
    Last edited by ddsski; 08-21-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads