No Evoque for me...maybe at another time

This is a discussion on No Evoque for me...maybe at another time within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; The RR Evoque was my first choice for purchase for about the last 4 months. But after extensive research and a gift from the car ...

Member #

The RR Evoque was my first choice for purchase for about the last 4 months. But after extensive research and a gift from the car gods I will be getting a 2010 Porsche Cayenne S Transsyberia.. This was the last year for this model and I was lucky enough to find one (only 2 on sale in the entire US) only 4k miles on it and according to the porsche mechanics it might as well be brand new. I also was able to get it for about $20k off its original MSRP..So you could see how my choice was easy when I could get a far more reliable and higher performing vehicle for only about $10k more then the evoque. This model is also made for offroad(which I will be using) This was built for the transsyberia rally which goes through some of the roughest terrain in russia and not only won the race 3 years in a row but also swept the field with the top 6 places. The main reason I made the decision though was based on a lot of the information in this forum and I appreciate everyones honesty about the problems with the evoque. I feel like I will eventually get an evoque in the future once they fix all the problems and provide a better performing model. It took porsche a good 4 years to fix all the problems with the cayenne and hopefully land rover will take everyones advice and fix the problems sooner. I hope to see some evoques out on the road sometime(still have not seen one on the road).

Thanks,
    Happy New Porsche owner

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    My last new Porsche, a 997S was in the shop 6 times during the first 5,000 miles for numerous problems that included a bad transmission and clutch. My Evoque on the other hand has been trouble free. Happy for your purchase and I love Porsches but not sure it will be far more reliable as you have stated. In fact my Lotus (shown in my avatar) was more reliable than the $100K Porsche.
    Last edited by gimme; 02-23-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gimme View Post
    My last new Porsche, a 997S was in the shop 6 times during the first 5,000 miles for numerous problems that included a bad transmission and clutch. My Evoque on the other hand has been trouble free. Happy for your purchase and I love Porsches but not sure it will be far more reliable as you have stated. In fact my Lotus (shown in my avatar) was more reliable than the $100K Porsche.
    My lotus was pretty reliable until I put my hands on it to put an aftermarket supercharger. Did it at home didnt have all the tools needed. The screws on the manifold ended up getting lose and the throttle by wire went crazy due to incorrect A/F ratio. It cost me some money to put it back to perfect working condition, probably what I would have spent just taking it to a professional installer. I do not regret it since I learned a lot during the process but I must admit it was the wrong car to learn on. lotus is reliable but the squeaks and rattling noises inside the cabin made me feel like the car was going to fall apart. Very fun though when pushed hard.
    Current toys:

White 2010 Ducati Streetfighter
    White 2012 Range Rover Evoque (Pure Premium)
    White 2011 Fiat 500 (lounge) Fiancee's toy

Previous cool toys:

Orange 2007 Lotus elise w/ aftermarket SC kit
    2008 Ducati S4Rs tricolore
    2008 Ducati 848
    2007 Ducati S2R1000

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannan View Post
    The RR Evoque was my first choice for purchase for about the last 4 months. But after extensive research and a gift from the car gods I will be getting a 2010 Porsche Cayenne S Transsyberia.. This was the last year for this model and I was lucky enough to find one (only 2 on sale in the entire US) only 4k miles on it and according to the porsche mechanics it might as well be brand new. I also was able to get it for about $20k off its original MSRP..So you could see how my choice was easy when I could get a far more reliable and higher performing vehicle for only about $10k more then the evoque. This model is also made for offroad(which I will be using) This was built for the transsyberia rally which goes through some of the roughest terrain in russia and not only won the race 3 years in a row but also swept the field with the top 6 places. The main reason I made the decision though was based on a lot of the information in this forum and I appreciate everyones honesty about the problems with the evoque. I feel like I will eventually get an evoque in the future once they fix all the problems and provide a better performing model. It took porsche a good 4 years to fix all the problems with the cayenne and hopefully land rover will take everyones advice and fix the problems sooner. I hope to see some evoques out on the road sometime(still have not seen one on the road).

Thanks,
    Happy New Porsche owner
    Congrats on your new transyberian its a ppretty sweet ride. I would like to see what are the true off road capabilities it possesses. Show some pics too!
    Current toys:

White 2010 Ducati Streetfighter
    White 2012 Range Rover Evoque (Pure Premium)
    White 2011 Fiat 500 (lounge) Fiancee's toy

Previous cool toys:

Orange 2007 Lotus elise w/ aftermarket SC kit
    2008 Ducati S4Rs tricolore
    2008 Ducati 848
    2007 Ducati S2R1000

Member #
    so sorry for you...other than 0-60 performance the Porsche pales in comparison...butt ugly, poor off road abilities, horrible in snow, costly maintenance....good luck with it.

p

Member #
    I love Porsche. But in terms of maintenance agree with the others. Go with it though.

Member #
    I read up on that Transsyberia and it looks like a pretty hot vehicle. If you can get past the gas mileage and the fact that it's a previous generation model I can understand the temptation.

Member #
    Reliability on a vehicles first year of production is always going to be rather poor as in much of the problems I have seen on here with the evoque. Also Range rover has one of the worst reliability scores out there for luxuary vehicles. Range Rover Sport is a 5 while Cayenne is a 7. Im sure most of the evoques will have problems and Im glad that you are one with none. Sorry to hear your problems with your 997S sounds like you had a lemon.

Member #
    Off road capability will be somewhat decent on the base model(standard with PASM and PTM). But when you get the off road package which consist of Pwr Controlled Rear Axle Differential Lock, Rocker Panel Protection W/Intergrated Skid Plates, Reinforced Engine Skid Plate, Additional Rear Axle & Fuel Tank Protection along with the dynamic chasis control, the off road capability is the best out there.(which mine will have) The ones they use the the TS rally are the exaxt same except for some interior differences like a roll cage and what not. I will be picking it up here in a few weeks, depends when I finish this job up and will def post some pictures!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannan View Post
    Sorry to hear your problems with your 997S sounds like you had a lemon.
    I've now owned 10 Porsches over the years so I obviously like them. One was bullet proof and maintenance free, the other 9 had above average problems and all had rattle/squeak issues. Hopefully you'll have better luck with your Cayenne. The estimated mileage of the Transsyberria of 11/17, 13 combined would have never made it a candidate for me, but if money is no object it does look like a fun car.

Ads