Evoque Seat Adjustment

Evoque Seat Adjustment

This is a discussion on Evoque Seat Adjustment within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; The button on my seat came out of the seating and is now inside the casing. How do I take it off you I can ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Evoque Seat Adjustment

Member #

Evoque Seat Adjustment

The button on my seat came out of the seating and is now inside the casing. How do I take it off you I can reseat it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Better picture

Member #
    Kinda surprised in this forum, no one knows how to fix this. Can someone recommend another forum?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Well I'll give it a shot. First, it looks as if the plastic shrouding is going to have to be removed, I'd check out the rear side with a small flashlight and bendable mirror to see how it's attached. In places you can't get to its bound to be clips and there may be a screw or two belong the front and/or rear lower edge. Appears the seat adjustment lever mounts to the rear of the plastic shrouding or to the seat frame and a mounting screw came loose or plastic cracked. Either way looks as if first step is getting the plastic covr out of the way. Take your time, check it out and you should be able to remove it with no damage. IMO, anything that can be assembled can be disassembled with the exception of hand grenades Good luck
    mkdub likes this.

Member #
    Exactly, is it so tough to realize you take off the plastic, reinsert switch... if a piece is broken, replace...? Loose screw or got hit and popped in.

Member #
    No but I don't want to break it. And as I've put pressure on seeing where a clip may be holding it down, it's not easy getting under there. If you're so smart, you'd tell me where the clips are.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    This is in a coupe right? The button to move the seat forward to get in the back seat.

I just went out and had a good look at my coupe to see if I could figure a way to remove the plastic surround. It looks like the release handle has to come off first.
    I see no way to get the handle off, to then try and find the clips to remove the surround to get at the button.
    I'm wondering if you have to remove the plastic cover on the seat back, to allow you to get at the inside of the seat from the rear.
    This may allow access to clips/screws etc., to get the mechanism off to fix the button.

Sorry I could't come up with a definitive answer for you. You may have to bite the bullet, and take it to a dealer.
    Last edited by Rsquared; 09-12-2015 at 09:41 AM.
    mkdub likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    This is in a coupe right? The button to move the seat forward to get in the back seat.

I just went out and had a good look at my coupe to see if I could figure a way to remove the plastic surround. It looks like the release handle has to come off first.
    I see no way to get the handle off, to then try and find the clips to remove the surround to get at the button.
    I'm wondering if you have to remove the plastic cover on the seat back, to allow you to get at the inside of the seat from the rear.
    This may allow access to clips/screws etc., to get the mechanism off to fix the button.

Sorry I could't come up with a definitive answer for you. You may have to bite the bullet, and take it to a dealer.
    That's good insight. I think that if I remove that silver pin I can get the handle off and peer inside better. Thanks for the help!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mkdub View Post
    That's good insight. I think that if I remove that silver pin I can get the handle off and peer inside better. Thanks for the help!

Member #
    (Extreme close up of my finger holding latch open)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads