Bummer, 2015 Evoque Prestige towed to dealer today!

This is a discussion on Bummer, 2015 Evoque Prestige towed to dealer today! within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Was accelerating from dead stop through a left hand turn (at about 10mph) when all heck broke loose with RRE. Felt as if the engine ...

Member #

Was accelerating from dead stop through a left hand turn (at about 10mph) when all heck broke loose with RRE. Felt as if the engine or tranny was dragging and fighting itself to accelerate, then the 4 wheel drive fault light tripped, then the ABS unavailable light tripped then the light for the stability control tripped then the power steering mostly failed making it hard to steer...bummed as this is a 2015 and only 6 mos old with 7K miles on it. Engine seems OK starts and idles OK, but something wrong with the tranny or 4 wheel drive system I suspect. Does our Evoque have a transfer case (like a 4WD truck)? Wasn't sound healthy when everything was dragging.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    It has a Haldex coupling device rather than an actual transfer case.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    I'm sure it will have thrown a code on this one. Complex systems. Bet its the transmission, just my guess! Wouldn't downshift, then overly aggressive downshift which tripped up the TC (traction control). If that is what indeed did happen, let us know and it is exactly why I have been harping on LR about the tranny reprogram.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Will do I should be hearing something today!

Quote Originally Posted by ddsski View Post
    I'm sure it will have thrown a code on this one. Complex systems. Bet its the transmission, just my guess! Wouldn't downshift, then overly aggressive downshift which tripped up the TC (traction control). If that is what indeed did happen, let us know and it is exactly why I have been harping on LR about the tranny reprogram.

Member #
    Quick update is that there is nothing to update...didn't hear from them Thursday afternoon nor Friday so I had to call Friday afternoon and they said they were still clearing the workload from the previous day and hadn't had the chance to even look at mine yet...didn't even offer a loaner, good thing I have a 2nd car. Their casual approach is ending tomorrow morning, I'll make sure they realize what an inconvenience this is and that I'm not happy at all. Wish I didn't have to go on the offensive with them, but appears I'm going to have to become a squeaky wheel...sigh...

Ironically, their Roadside Assistance Program has called me at least 4 times to make sure I was happy with their response...
    Last edited by HotLap; 09-27-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Member #
    I can't believe they didn't offer a loaner! I had mine in service from a dealer I didn't purchase from & they had a loaner for me each time I took it in. Once it was another Evoque with 150 miles on the odometer and 2 other times they loaned an LR2. Don't hesitate to ask for a loaner!
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Sorry to hear of the trouble... I would definitely demand a loaner vehicle.

Member #
    Thought a loaner at LR dealership was an automatic??

Member #
    I have always gotten a loaner and was told anytime a land/range rover is brought in for service no matter how old it is gets a loaner free and automatically.

Ads