2014 RRE Dynamic - GEARSHIFT FAULT CODE

This is a discussion on 2014 RRE Dynamic - GEARSHIFT FAULT CODE within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Guys, Had my 2014 dynamic out the other day and accelerating from a stop it shut down and displayed a GEARSHIFT FAULT code and wouldn't ...

Member #

Guys,

Had my 2014 dynamic out the other day and accelerating from a stop it shut down and displayed a GEARSHIFT FAULT code and wouldn't let me shift out of drive but yet wouldn't let the car move. Shut the car off, turned back on and then it was stuck in park and wouldn't let me shift out of park.

Called dealer and they told me to wait ten minutes and turn the car back on...then it let me drive away like normal.

Took to dealer, they replaced a wire harness per Range Rover Corporate, but were out driving the car after that and it did the GEARSHIFT FAULT code to them too...they are currently puzzled as to what is wrong.

Anyone ever seen this GEARSHIFT FAULT code issue before? Is the transmission toast or what?

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Hope that was an early tranny production issue only!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    FWIW- I had the transmission replaced on my 2014 Evo, so there may have been issues with earlier transmissions.

Member #
    So do I push for them to replace the transmission? They did a wire harness and say that everything is fine now and have given me the car back...

Member #
    For now drive it and make sure it's working properly. Perhaps it was just the harness...
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by trackvs2wheels View Post
    So do I push for them to replace the transmission? They did a wire harness and say that everything is fine now and have given me the car back...
    The first thing they checked on mine was the wiring harness. Since they didn't find anything wrong (or perhaps there were other reasons) they replaced the transmission. FWIW- this happened with 200 miles on my Evo.

Member #
    I'd leave it be if its running fine now.....BUT, make sure they have it well documented for the future and request a copy of that report!

Ads