radar detector

radar detector

This is a discussion on radar detector within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Just wondering if anyone that has hard wired there radar detectors in there evoque could give me how to or tips.. Thanks...

Thread: radar detector

Member #

radar detector

Just wondering if anyone that has hard wired there radar detectors in there evoque could give me how to or tips.. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Yeah I'd like to know the best way to install a radar detector. Being the limited transmission rate of the glass, I'd like a permanent install with front and rear sensors like the valentine only remote sensors maybe?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dragan View Post
    Just wondering if anyone that has hard wired there radar detectors in there evoque could give me how to or tips.. Thanks
    What do you mean by 'hard wiring' the detector?

First off the Evoque reduces the detection range of window mounted forward detectors and makes a directional detector such as a Valentine useless. This is because the factory metallic reflective widow coating that is on all windows except for a small wind sheild opening at the rearview mirror which the detector has to operate through.

I thought of 'hard wiring' using a remote antenna installed in the grill but the extensive work in removing panels to run the wiring through made me decide not to undertake this project.

I was very disappointed to find out about this restriction after purchasing my Evoque. This type of window glass is now common to many imported upscale cars.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dragan View Post
    Looks promising. I did some web searching for this product. Occasional loss of blue tooth connectivity seems to be its weakest feature while driving, not good if your wondering if its connected. Lists at $300, how can Amazon sell it for less than $50? Is it a product that Cobra is going to discontinue or replace with a newer improved version? I wish the other radar manufacturers would develop their own bluetooth detectors. I'd like to see a version that doesn't need my I phone but comes with its own dedicated display.

Ads