3 "lemon" new Evoques in less than 2 years?

This is a discussion on 3 "lemon" new Evoques in less than 2 years? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I last posted in early 2014 after going through 2 bad brand new 2014 Evoques in just 3 months (both replaced by a great dealership), ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 3 "lemon" new Evoques in less than 2 years?

Member #

I last posted in early 2014 after going through 2 bad brand new 2014 Evoques in just 3 months (both replaced by a great dealership), now the 3rd replacement needs a new transmission after only 12K miles! Explanation is the original 2014 9 speed has issues and updated version fixes them. The car was shifting funny which couldn't be fixed by a software upgrade so need to replace entire transmission. Dealership says they've had to do this several times. Anyone else had so much bad luck? I see lots of transmission posts so suspect we're not the only ones. Considering just trading in for another brand at this point which is too bad as we like car.

Original post: Multiple issues with 2 new evoques -now auto acceleration

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Wow sorry for your bad luck with the evoque. If they let u out under lemon law since u had to get 3 different cars, then I would.

Member #
    I think the lemon law service documentation starts over with each vehicle.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Had the transmission replaced on my 2014. With the updates, it's been much better.

Member #
    I'm in process of discussion with aftermarket sales on mine. The transmission sucks and is ruining an otherwise fabulous car.

Member #
    thanks for the feedback. Fortunately my FANTASTIC dealership in Seattle has not left me needing to look into lemon laws at this point. They replaced the first 2 cars with identical brand new ones at no cost plus they are replacing the transmission on the current on at no cost plus gave us a loaded new XJ as a loaner. If it wasn't for their loyalty, I would have given up earlier....it has been a big inconvenience and made us question the reliability of the vehicle though. I own an XJ I bought from them 5 years ago which has done very well and any issues were dealt with professionally. The feeling is the new updated version of the 9 speed transmission will solve our issue...I'll let you know in a few months.

Member #
    Sounds like you're dealing with an exceptional dealership & you're very lucky to have found them. I'd give them a shout-out in the forum & other social media!
    lucky70 likes this.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Yes what dealer is this? What city are u in?

Member #
    Too bad the 2016's can't be configured like our 2015 Dynamic Coupe with the red/black interior or I'd lean on my dealership to take the 2015 SH$$box back. Yea I'm getting fed up with their idiot engineers that refuse to listen to common sense.

Member #
    Just an update....

Got the Evoque back from the dealer with new transmission....WHAT AN AMAZING DIFFERENCE! Felt like we went from a sloppy 4 cylinder to a smooth V-6! Drove so much better so think the early ZF 9 speed had some problems that the new one has fixed.

Dealership has been exceptional in taking care of us. It is Seattle Land Rover/Jag. GM Dmitri has taken care of us all along the way. I would highly recommend them.

The warranty work cost Land Rover over $25K and was fully covered as I would have hoped. My recommendation is if you've had issues with how an early ZF 9 speed drives, push for a transmission replacement.

Kent

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads