Second service done

Second service done

This is a discussion on Second service done within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi all, Just posting this for general information. 18,000 miles on my 2014 Evo. Scheduled service notification on the display. Took it in to the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Wondering
  • 1 Post By ddsski

Thread: Second service done

Member #

Second service done

Hi all,

Just posting this for general information. 18,000 miles on my 2014 Evo. Scheduled service notification on the display. Took it in to the dealer yesterday. $550 for the service. Oil change, lube, air filter, cabin filter, tire rotation. No other service needed at this time. Rear pads, alignment, tires are in "caution" zone but not needed yet.

Got in vehicle to leave and noticed the service notice still on. Mechanic must have not cleared it. They took it back to reset the message and I was on my way. Only marginally satisfied with LR of San Diego.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    $550 for a couple of filters (Lube?) and an oil change! Most vehicles today have at least the first 2 years or 24,000 mile services included at no additional charge.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #

service

My first service was on the dealership. I was quoted $550.00 for the 2nd service, which will be in about a year. I get my tires rotated at discount tire, so I'm hoping that charge can be taken off the quote. Didn't realize how expensive maintenance was on this vehicle, I was in "wonderland" when I was in purchasing mode. Maintenance on my Honda CRV was never more than $60.00... didn't need brakes replaced, had 50,000 miles on it when I traded it in.
    Rovingvic likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    That's how I can afford the 5 vehicles I have. I DIY service. Costs me a few extra beers but..... All of that $550 service was ~$125 in parts. Nice fat profit for dealership! And I let the oil drain for an hour. Any car I ever get w/o an oil drain plug will have one by 1st service. Its called a drill.
    If you are not the DIY type, and know a good local mechanic, let them do the service. IT HAS NO AFFECT ON THE WARRANTY AS LONG AS IT IS DOCUMENTED. Do not let the stealership lie to you. This is 100% FACT.
    Last edited by ddsski; 03-19-2016 at 04:43 AM.

Member #
    Ya, I knew going in it would be a $500 glorified oil change and filter change. Dealer is about 1/2 mile from my office so it's very convenient. This will likely be the last scheduled service at the dealer, though.

Member #
    Far worse than BMW, I see Land Rover as being very keen on taking advantage of "WEALTHY" auto ignorant owners. Its almost like they are very happy to coddle you with one hand while reaching into your wallet with the other. Just like they seem to be disregarding those with the troublesome trannies.. I think their mentality is to just trade it in and buy another newer one. Only recourse is to not be a repeat buyer, and to my wife's disamay that means Jaguar as well. She'd dump the Evoque in a heartbeat for a new F Pace! It would have to be a VERY generous trade in.
    They are FINALLY learning about 4yr/50K sevice included it sounds like. That way they screw you upfront, and make interest profit on the service as well. hehe It certainly isn't free...but it is nice after you get by my sarcastic analogy. Truth can be a painful thing.
    Last edited by ddsski; 03-22-2016 at 05:02 PM.
    Rovingvic likes this.

Ads