tire pressure monitors

tire pressure monitors

This is a discussion on tire pressure monitors within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I am soooo glad that all that research went in to the enviro system.....now I can actually see exactly how much extra fuel I burn ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: tire pressure monitors

Member #

tire pressure monitors

I am soooo glad that all that research went in to the enviro system.....now I can actually see exactly how much extra fuel I burn if I turn on my heated steering wheel. Still cant see how much air pressure is in my tire....but I know I can run my heated seats for 35 more days on this tank of fuel! What a stupid vehicle!.....oh, and I can press another button and see which direction my front wheels are pointed.....GREAT! they may be under pressurized but at least I know where they are pointed...Range Rover should really re-think some of their shit! Rant over

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    You can check the tire pressure, the car needs to be in electrical mode, with the engine turned off, then go to vehicle info and it should be listed there.

Member #
    BTW if you are using TPMS sensors to "check" your tire pressures with any degree of accuracy, you'd be surprised how woefully inadequate they are for that purpose (on any vehicle). A TPMS sensor is designed to note a certain (%-rate) of pressure drop. THEY ARE NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR A TIRE GAUGE. At best they are in a +/-2psi ballpark of reality which to this racer type isn't good enough

After straightening out that little faux pas, I will 100% agree with you on the BS eco electronics! More time spent programming the tranny would go a long way to optimizing the vehicles efficiency without needing all that crap. But you paid for the bling so just show it to your ignorant friends and watch them go "WOWWWW" hehe

Strangely as much as I complain (forums are a great vent), I actually love driving this vehicle. It does so many things VERY well that it only accentuates the 1 shortcoming, at least to me.
    Still waiting for someone to design an eco button defeat because that is the most useless feature on the vehicle.
    Last edited by ddsski; 04-18-2016 at 02:54 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac777 View Post
    You can check the tire pressure, the car needs to be in electrical mode, with the engine turned off, then go to vehicle info and it should be listed there.
    can you explain? Do you mean just ignition on? where will it be displayed?
    why the hell would they make it with engine off? #$%^&*&$#@ who in their right mind wants actual pressure while driving??!!!.....ME! After an encounter with a pot hole, it would be nice to see if there is any change in that wheel while driving.
    AND yes, I love the car, but hate some of the extended features that I will never use while others, that are common in almost any other vehicle, are over looked!

Member #
    The best time to check pressures is with cold tires. Let the TPMS warning tell you if there is a problem so its not the equivalent of texting while you watch the numbers. I find TPMS pressure to just be annoying due to their above stated inaccuracy. Take a hard right turn and watch the RF (RR if you overcooked it) go up 2-3 degrees? Parked in sun on right side, those tires read higher--<guess we should let 2 psi out on the right. The numbers are USELESS unless you race and have telemetry analysts to monitor them. Your sentence about the pressures while driving shows a nominal comprehension of vehicle dynamics I'm afraid.

Please tell me of all the overlooked features?? and BTW, the manual explains how to check pressures (when cold) before driving but of course you already check your pressures weekly right? In spring and fall I sure do EVERY week while in steady temp seasons its probably bimonthly.

Member #
    Sure, when you get into the car without your foot on the brake, push the engine start stop button, radio should come on etc ya know but the car should be off. then with the wheel mounted button navigate to vehicle info and find it in there.

Member #
    Sure, when you get into the car without your foot on the brake, push the engine start stop button, radio should come on etc ya know but the car should be off. then with the wheel mounted button navigate to vehicle info and find it in there. But yeah it is irritating how it is set up.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ddsski View Post
    Your sentence about the pressures while driving shows a nominal comprehension of vehicle dynamics I'm afraid.

First off, don't be a dick. Your statement about heat effecting my pressure would only hold true if I didn't use nitrogen in all of my wheels on every vehicle I own. You think your cool because of you gay racing avatar, but I've read your posts....your a bit full of yourself bro. You have no idea who I am or what I know. You really should think before being condescending.

Member #
    So now nitrogen doesn't expand? Use some of that xscash and take a physics course son. Rich and stupid is the worst kind of ignorance. Use of the word "gay" is why you get some back. You must feel I was condescending after you read the post and realized how little you did know. Later smarta$$.
    Last edited by ddsski; 04-20-2016 at 08:21 AM.

Member #
    Yes, Nitrogen does change pressure, but at such a low rate it is not dramatic in normal use of an automobile. You, ddsski, may seen different results being a professional race car driver. You see, most people who buy these cars are not concerned with the ability of the down shift while extending through an apex of a corner. But,I'm sure you will see an increase in pressure while entering a corner hot, especially on the outside front wheel....maybe you need nitrogen! Thanks for the physics course. Your way off topic and once again.....you have made someone else's post all about you. Please oh great one, share your knowledge.

In any event, Thank you bigmac777 for not also being a tool! I found the menu item you spoke of and now I am able to see the pressure. I would still like the ability to see it real time, but hey....if I wanted that I would have bought a Kia!
    Rovingvic and bigmac777 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads