A real disappointment

A real disappointment

This is a discussion on A real disappointment within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I wanted to post all my Evoque issues so potential new owners can evaluate for themselves if this is the kind of car you want ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dogscout

Thread: A real disappointment

Member #

A real disappointment

I wanted to post all my Evoque issues so potential new owners can evaluate for themselves if this is the kind of car you want get involved with.

After one year of ownership and approximately 6,000 miles, the transmission went out. It took over two weeks to diagnose and repair.

After two years of ownership and approximately 12,000 miles, I had other significant issues which I will not mention.

The last issue mentioned was a little over a month ago.

Today, the auto tailgate broke and it won't go up.

The only good thing here is that my local dealer is fantastic and top notch. I just wish the fine folks at the dealership handled a different brand. I'm going to miss the care and professionalism they've provided.

For me, this has been the worst two year car experience i've ever had with a new car bar none. I've owned, several new cars covering a lot brands and none have come close to this.

In baseball terms, 3 strikes and your out!

Land Rover, I hope you are reading this... you have quality issues! Some of them have the potential to cause serious injury or death.
    Last edited by rkrenek; 05-08-2016 at 01:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Year of car? I have a 2013 (bought new, about 25k miles on the clock) and zero issues.

Member #
    Not all of us are disappointed in the reliability of our Evoques. I own a 2013 coupe with 24,000 miles. Only a couple minor issues all this time. The rear light units and one front fog light had to be replaced because of water condensation ( I exchanged the old taillight units with the dealers new ones and replaced them myself, 20min., the dealer replaced the front fog). Unique to the coupe was the sticking front seat back handle releases, seat back frames replaced by the dealer. All this is warranty work. My apprehension is when out of warranty what possible future repairs may cost. The actual price for the one fog light, had it not been warranty, is $600.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I feel for the OP, problems like that obviously lead to a negative experience. And I too hope that LR reads these forums. I can also say that my 2012 now has over 70k trouble free miles and I still really like this vehicle.

Member #
    I feel your pain. 2015 pure premium coupe, where do I begin.

passenger door molding clips weren't installed
    rust embedded in tailgate and doors....JLR tells me its environmental but yet the same spots keep reappearing.
    3 bolts missing from turbo to bolt to engine....this caused random shutdowns coming slowly to stops....would shut off, be stuck in drive and display "general program not available" 4 times this happened
    Turning quickly into a tight parking spot the car will turn itself off and shift to park....20+ times now and this is with eco off and seatbelt buckled.
    center touch screen crashes randomly....up to about 12 times now....it stays lit up with the screen but reacts to nothing and stays on after shutting off the vehicle.
    wind noise leaking into side windows, creaks and rattles, a 17 speaker system that sounds great but the door panels vibrate so bad it sounds like the speakers are blown.

I did a buyback eval with JLR and they said none of the issues affect driveability......my next step when I have time is to contact lemon lawyer.

Member #
    Now that i've gotten rid of it, i'll share more.

The power brakes had a sudden catastauphic failure while driving. I'm lucky it happened when it did because if it had happened thirty seconds prior it likely would have been a disaster because I was traveling at highway speeds.

Land Rover didn't give a shit. The dealer did.

Not once did Land Rover contact me during this ordeal.

Member #
    detupac
    rkrenek

Where did you buy your cars? Not specifically asking for dealer, but state/country?

Member #
    bought In Delaware and the worst dealership I have ever dealt with, registered in PA so have a lemon law lawyer here.....now the transmission has started the 6 click/knock on takeoff from a stop.... I bought my dream car and it has been nothing but a nightmare....the Chinese "land wind" version is probably better quality at this point

Ads