Replacng side window glass on my evoque

This is a discussion on Replacng side window glass on my evoque within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I'm reporting what turned out to be a good end to what started out badly, with the passenger side window glass broken by someone stealing ...

Member #

I'm reporting what turned out to be a good end to what started out badly, with the passenger side window glass broken by someone stealing less than $3.00 in pocket change from my Evoque. (I'll mention the company names doing the repair.) My insurance company Geico warranted the work to be done by their own glass company Safelite. When I insisted that I wanted a OEM Land Rover part they said I would have to pay the considerable difference. I've had aftermarket glass replaced in the past (not by these companies) and the result was disappointing – the glass would often be thinner and the tint wouldn't match. The Safelite glass turned out to be the exact part that Land Rover provided, the same German company, the same features and manufacturer's part number at the same place on the glass. Only the Land Rover logo wasn't on it.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Mstraka, Sorry to hear some moron had to damage your pride and joy. Just glad nothing of value was taken. Sounds like you had a good outcome with getting the glass replaced, which has to help lessen the overall aggravation.

Member #
    Sorry to hear of the problem. Never a good feeling coming out to a pile of broken glass.

Good to hear the safelite glass is a match. I'm very sensitive to the optical character of certain windshields and have been disappointed with the quality of aftermarket glass.

Ads