Amber Engine Warning Light?

This is a discussion on Amber Engine Warning Light? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; While driving yesterday the amber warning light (engine symbol light) came on located on the tachometer face. It was still on driving today so I ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

While driving yesterday the amber warning light (engine symbol light) came on located on the tachometer face. It was still on driving today so I checked all the fluids and the coolant was low. I topped the coolant off with orange Dex-cool and the engine symbol light went away. Hopefully it doesn't return. Some years back on this forum there was a large number of complaints of needing to frequently top up the coolant, most were 2012 Evoques. A prompt stating 'low coolant level' would light up in the info area, between the gas and temperature gauges stating low coolant. Not the case in my 2013 Evoque as instead I received the amber engine symbol located on the tach face. Has anyone else received this engine symbol as a result of low coolant? There appeared to be no overheating as the temp gauge never budged from its normal position.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    If it's the regular check engine light, it's, many times, an emissions issue. O2 sensor, loose gas cap etc.

When it happened to me, they replaced the catalytic converter.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DVFlyer View Post
    If it's the regular check engine light, it's, many times, an emissions issue. O2 sensor, loose gas cap etc.

When it happened to me, they replaced the catalytic converter.
    What's odd is that low coolant appears to have triggered the engine warning light and not the more common warning prompt as I described above.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Just curious, how much coolant did you have to add?
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovingvic View Post
    Its difficult to see the coolant level through where the max/min marks are on the side of the coolant reservoir. It appeared to be more than 1/2 empty. When the cap was off I could see the molded plastic webbing at the bottom of the reservoir was exposed (this webbing may be the indicator as to where the minimum level is.) There was coolant below this level. My guess is that I poured about 1 to 1.5 cups into the reservoir. Perhaps the low coolant prompt didn't come on (or else I didn't notice it at start up) when the level was first low, and when the coolant fell lower the engine warning came on? Or else on 2013 and later Evoques there's no prompt, only the engine warning light?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mstraka View Post
    What's odd is that low coolant appears to have triggered the engine warning light and not the more common warning prompt as I described above.
    Totally missed that in your post... Name:  facepalm.gif
Views: 2477
Size:  181 Bytes

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovingvic View Post
    Checked it 24 hrs. later and low again to the same low level. I appears it hadn't stabilized. I added another cup (+) of coolant. This time its maintained the correct level for the last two days, so I hope that's an indication there won't be any further problems with it dropping. I guess the check engine came on because the level was lower than the level which triggers the add coolant reminder which never came on.

Member #
    I take it you're not seeing coolant on the floor. A very small leak could evaporate due to the heat of the engine although you might see traces of that. Early models had a small leak getting in to the oil. Did you have that early service bulletin addressed on yours? If not you should check into that.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    agree!

Member #
    might you have any idea what a white exclamation point appearing on the face of the tachometer might mean? I have a 2014 evoque and the manual provides no clue as far as I can see.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads