Break in period??

Break in period??

This is a discussion on Break in period?? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; We just purchased an Evoque very far from home so we had to take it on a 1300 mile trip brand nee. The dealer told ...

Member #

Break in period??

We just purchased an Evoque very far from home so we had to take it on a 1300 mile trip brand nee. The dealer told us there was no break in period and we were safe for the drive. I just can't help to think that it just can't be right. Has anyone else heard differently? Theres nothing in the manuel about it

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Modern motors don't really need break ins. The rings should seat fine with normal driving... I would do the first oil change sooner then recommended though as they usually use thinner break in oil. I'm not a fan of that.

Member #
    I do not recall reading anything about break in peroid in the owners manual. I was shocked first oil change is at 16000 miles or 1 year. Mine will be done at 7500 miles or 1 year.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Always have to wonder when you buy a new sports car that has a break in period: "Did all the people who test drove this before me drive the piss out of it?"

The answer, usually: Yes.

Member #
    For what it's worth, this item has been argued for sometime. Personally, keeping the RPM varying between 2-3000 is the old school way. Driving an engine at one speed, some say, wears the parts in nicely for that particular RPM. I've found putting the car in sport mode lets the engine spin up a little before up shifting as one drives around town. Also, after 3-400 miles, some say, put it up over 5000 RPM but with a light foot. Also after about 500 miles wring it out with your foot to the floor. All arguable techniques. Then agains some people change their oil with only 200 miles on the car.

Member #
    I break in my Harleys the same way I ride them. They have an owernes manual break in, but again, I ride it like I always do. Put 45K on the last one in 3 years not an issue.

The Evoque from what I can see has no break in, so I am driving just like I intend to drive it all the time.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Ads