4 Door - Blindspot

4 Door - Blindspot

This is a discussion on 4 Door - Blindspot within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; So far pretty concerned about blind spot visibility with 4 door. Are there any after-market blind spot monitors out there for purchase?...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

4 Door - Blindspot

So far pretty concerned about blind spot visibility with 4 door. Are there any after-market blind spot monitors out there for purchase?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Not sure where you're located. I'm in the US myself and wanted the "blind sport monitoring". It was on the coupe that I test drove. Was very surprised to find that it is NOT available in the US except on the coupes.

I was messing around on the UK website and discovered that it CAN be ordered on the 5 door European models which TORQUED me off quite a bit. If an OEM version did exist, I would think it would be very expensive to retro fit.

Member #
    I have an Evoque 5 door dynamic, and have the blind spot monitoring, and I am in the USA.

I have not really noticed much of a blind spot in my five door, my wife has not mentioned she noticed it either. That said I traded an FJ cruiser which had the biggest blind spot of any vehicle ever.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I was about to ask the same question - I am in a Prestige with full camera package, but no blindspot assist, which was not very clear when (and after) we bought the vehicle. Very interested in hearing if it can be fitted after the fact or if 3rd party exists...

Member #
    I have a Dynamic and am in the US. Has Blind Spot assist.

Member #
    LR made just 500 5-doors with BSM in 2012, but they are no longer available. You can't special order this option except for coupes.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Evocurious View Post
    LR made just 500 5-doors with BSM in 2012, but they are no longer available. You can't special order this option except for coupes.
    Is that 500 world wide or 500 for the North America market? Just curious, nice to know I have a very limited 5-door. My wife and I really like the blind spot monitoring.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    I believe this is for NA only. I only found this out after test driving a 5d with BSM at dealer #2, after dealer #1 had told me you couldn't get it in a 5d at all.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    I was thinking the BSM limited to 500 five doors as North America only.

I would want to be able to get it, coupe or 5 door, seems strange its not available on the 5 door in NA any more. I really like having it on my 5 door

Member #
    All I know is my dealer told me the blind spot option was only on the 2 door. I bought my 4 door on November 30th, 2011 when I was told this. I didn't believe it until I tried the "build your own" option on the Range Rover website. And yes, at that time you could "build" a 2 door with blind spot, but it wasn't available on the 4 door. Hence, the 4 door that was sitting on the dealer's lot on Nov 30th is mine, sans blind spot. And yes, this was on the USA Range Rover site. I suspect an aftermarket setup (if it existed) would be very expensive.

I'm a techcoholic and thought it was a neat feature, but after driving my Evoque for nearly 5 months, I don't miss the feature. I'm much more concerned about the HUGE blind spot behind the outside mirrors, especially on a dark night. I find it very disconcerting when I suddenly see headlights in the outside mirror. At first glance, it's hard to tell if the headlights are from a car behind (no problem) or if instead, I'm about to get T-boned by a vehicle coming from my 10 o'clock position because of the HUGE blind spot now seeming like a movie screen.

I"m probably not describing this well, but I do find it disconcerting until my mind "sorts" it out that I'm really not about to get T-boned.
    Last edited by Starflyr; 04-23-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads