Opinions on the Range Rover Evoque?

This is a discussion on Opinions on the Range Rover Evoque? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; If you really like it and if cash is not object to you, I'd say go for it. If you enjoy it, that's all that ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 335i

Thread: Opinions on the Range Rover Evoque?

Member #

If you really like it and if cash is not object to you, I'd say go for it. If you enjoy it, that's all that matters. It won't be much more practical than a hatchback though. And it's so expensive I'd be afraid to take it anywhere off-road. Also, it can't do anything off-road that a dirt, dirt cheap ford bronco can't do either or better. I'm not saying it's a bad car though. My only exposure to the Evoque is through Top Gear and they rather like it (SEE LINK BELOW).
    Let me warn you though. It's not just going to be the initial purchase price that's going to be expensive. Maintenance will cost more, it doesn't get great gas mileage, the insurance for a luxury car is quite high, and if, God forbid, something breaks on a British car your going to have to take out a second mortgage. Relative to other cars they're not going to sell that many Evoques, so there is not going to be any aftermarket for parts. This means Range Rover will be the only ones to sell you parts and they're going to be catastrophically expensive. If you watch the provided link, you can hear James May talk about how sophisticated the dynamic suspension is. That is more to go wrong and expensive to replace if it does. With that said, I'm not a fan of crossovers or SUVs but if I had to have one, I wouldn't mind having the Evoque at all.
    Good luck with your tough decision. Hope this helped.

As for as I am concerned , AUTEL MaxiSYS MS906BT is a helpful tool , which has excellent performance to make users feel satisfied and meet users demand . There are some reasons to show why this tool is so helpful .
    Last edited by obd2tool; 09-28-2016 at 03:45 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    So it's expensive, no more capable than other, cheaper, alternatives, expensive to maintain, not very practical, not very economical and you're not a fan of crossover or SUVs but you wouldn't mind having one.

LOL....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DVFlyer View Post
    So it's expensive, no more capable than other, cheaper, alternatives, expensive to maintain, not very practical, not very economical and you're not a fan of crossover or SUVs but you wouldn't mind having one.

LOL....
    Lol exactly

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Transmission is a nightmare. DON"T DO IT!!! YOU"VE BEEN WARNED.

Member #
    Its a great truck. Pretty much bulletproof IMO. Most of the issues are just issues that are in peoples head.... also I feel many whiners on here should switch to Lexus as that would suit them really well.

I have a 2014 and the truck gets great MPG almost 400-450 a tank with a mix of highway/city driving. Very quiet and comfortable on the shitty roads here in the tristate and great in the snow. Seriously I am always amazed at how good it is in the snow. It is also FUN to drive. It handles extremely well and the 4 banger is very stout and extremely fast. Storage is not issue for me and the rear has enough room for our purposes. Even if you had two kids the evoque is fine.

The transmission doesn't have any issues. It is just a 9 speed transmission and sometimes it can act goofy and has its own "quirks". No different than the 7 speed MCT in my C63 or the CVT in our Audi. They are all different and unique transmissions and take time/adapting to get used to them. Once you master it, you will learn to enjoy it.

Great truck honestly. Not to mention end of the day its just a ford engine.
    sailri likes this.

Member #
    I liked it so much, I bought another one. A white one and a red one sits in my garage.

Ads