Just a Thought

Just a Thought

This is a discussion on Just a Thought within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I doubt this will work for a couple of reasons. However, I still miss an opening in the Evoque roof. Numerous hatches are made for ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By gimme

Thread: Just a Thought

Member #

Just a Thought

I doubt this will work for a couple of reasons. However, I still miss an opening in the Evoque roof. Numerous hatches are made for an application to a roof. All the Range Rover web page says is the roof glass is that it is "toughened". Obviously if the glass in the roof cannot be cut then this is a waste of time. Also, if it voids the warranty of the car and weakens the structural integrity of the roof, which it probably would do, that's a huge problem. Also, the handle for the hatch has to fit between the glass and the inside sliding roof. Below is a web site I found. Again, just thinking out loud.

APS - Low Profile Hatches
    Last edited by Skywagon; 03-11-2012 at 12:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

mas
    Member #
    Even if you could cut the big hole in the glass out, the attachment of the frame would have to be into something pretty solid and probably requires smaller holes for bolts/screws so it would not likely be a reasonable thing to do.

The frame could be redesigned so it does a compression fit onto the glass with gaskets but even then wind/water might be an issue if it wasn't absolutely a perfect seal.

Plus it sticks out about an inch!

Sorry- didn't mean to squash this idea...

Member #
    I agree if would be nice if the roof had some sort of operability. It might not be practical from an after-market standpoint, but I suspect the entire roof could be powered open in some fashion. But also agree that proper fit and workmanship is crucial.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Decided to deal with the problem as follows:

Name:  mini.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  63.0 KB

Yes I'm keeping the Evoque too.
    eastrnma and FLSTFIDave like this.

Ads