2016 Evoque Sirius Radio

2016 Evoque Sirius Radio

This is a discussion on 2016 Evoque Sirius Radio within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Bought my Evoque SE Premium brand new as soon as the dealer got them in stock. I told my salesman one of my have-to-haves was ...

Member #

Unhappy 2016 Evoque Sirius Radio

Bought my Evoque SE Premium brand new as soon as the dealer got them in stock. I told my salesman one of my have-to-haves was Sirius Radio. He told me it had Sirius so I didn't think much about it and drove off the lot a happy camper and drove home from Ft. Worth back to San Antonio. I try to get my Sirius going and there's nothing. No signal, nothing. I'm already pretty far down the road, so I shoot my salesman an email asking what the deal is. He tells me it has to be installed and it's just "satellite-ready" or whatever he said. So I'm thinking, "okay, this shouldn't be too bad." But then he tells me he's going to have to install a satellite radio receiver with a mount hanging from the dash. Maybe I was being a b about the whole thing, but this is a luxury vehicle. I wasn't too crazy about a whole mount and what not sticking out on my dash. The salesman and electronic guy that he had to send that car out to come up with a plan to install it by bluetooth, I believe. So I'm thinking, "cool, no wires, no mount, I should be good to go." I pick up my car get the radio going. There's no "SAT Radio" button or anything and I can't even set any presets or use the satellite radio like in most other cars. No channel list, no channel input. If I want to listen to a specific station I just have to continuously hit the seek button (sometimes 20 or more times) to get to the station I want. When I turn the car off, it goes straight back to the preview channel (basically channel 1) and I have to start my search for my station all over again. One of these days, either the seek button is going to fall of or my thumb from so much scrolling.

Anyone else have the same issue or have any suggestions on how to go about fixing this? My friends think the guy installed the radio wrong, but who knows. None of them have actually taken the time to check it out. I would greatly appreciate any feedback. I've attached several photos to show everyone what I'm talking about. The first pic is what I thought/want my radio to look like. The others are what it currently looks like and the box they left in my car with whatever radio they installed. I would be totally in love with my car if I could get this fixed. At the moment, I'm feeling a little iffy about my purchase, like maybe I should've gone with something else.

Name:  WhatIWant.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  119.8 KBName:  IMG_8717.JPG
Views: 285
Size:  57.0 KBName:  IMG_8718.JPG
Views: 272
Size:  48.6 KBName:  StupidSiriusTuner.JPG
Views: 285
Size:  97.4 KB
    -- Jo

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    It appears it does not have factory installed SAT option. On your Window Sticker do you have the SiriusXM Satellite and HD Radio option? That connector kit is something you can get direct from Sirius, I also just bought a new Evoque and also needed SAT radio. I don't have any information on SXV300 though. If you Google that it seems like post factory install option. It's compatible with many cars. I'd definitely complain, they're definitely about making customers whole.

Ads