Evoque Navigation System Sucks

Evoque Navigation System Sucks

This is a discussion on Evoque Navigation System Sucks within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I have been driving my new Range Rover Evoque Dynamic for over a month now. I just love the car. I have got so many ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Evoque Navigation System Sucks

Member #

Thumbs up Evoque Navigation System Sucks

I have been driving my new Range Rover Evoque Dynamic for over a month now. I just love the car. I have got so many compliments from total strangers that I lost count. Biggest negative of the car is the Navigation system. It just sucks. It's slow, finding the useful information takes time and it keeps showing useless information. Finding anything in this navigation system takes so much time and you have to press so many buttons. I use my iPhone instead of this navigation system to find places quickly. How come they design the most beautiful car ever and fit a below par navigation system like this. Save your money and buy another good GPS.
    malharden and roger2samurai like this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Cutting costs I guess. I would say that it's sub par for any navigation system I've ever had. I have to use my phone any time I want to find something and then enter it into the nav. Sucks.

Member #
    Try using the voice command button to program the nav

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    hello, I'm using the same model right now but I haven't experienced any difficulties regarding with its navigation. thanks for providing these I should prepare car parts for my safety. thanks to you mate.
    Last edited by hypeboy; 03-27-2012 at 02:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Member #
    Nav is completely useless. I hate my Garmin, too, and almost prefer to just use Google Maps above all else, except that is not possible while driving.I am confused that there is so much space devoted in the UI to tell me about the next 3 upcoming exits instead of preparing me for the next 3 steps of my journey! The voice command is a bit of a joke as well, like 4 steps to do simple things. I love the car itself though.

Member #
    The Nav works ok, not near as well as my 125 dollar Garmin that will not work in the Evoque due to the solar / heated front windshield.

It is harder to locate POI's with the RR Nav than Garmin.

The RR NAV does ok in Cities and populated areas. In my small town, it can not get me to my home, it does not know the names of the roads once your off the main hwy, and is lost in a 15 year old subdivision.

However, the Nav is my second biggest complaint, the slow to swithc to back up camera is my number 1 complaint.

That said, I still think this is the nicest vehicle I have owned.

malharden likes this.
    2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Pat
    Member #
    Does someone know how to update the Nav in the Evoque with latest roads?

Member #
    There is a website you can get from the system. I will look at the steps again and post.
    tokeloke likes this.

Member #
    I recently purchased the 2013 HDD Nav Update from Navteq, but have not been able to get the system to complete the update. It is painfully slow and takes over 2hours. it keeps timing out and has just crashed the entire media system. The Navigation system is appalling; a serious flaw in the design and execution of an otherwise great vehicle.If we didn't have the heated windshield, then I would rather use my Garmin device - it's so much better.

Member #
    I'm using Google NAV bluetoothed to the stereo system when I need it. Works great. I doubt I'll ever spring for an in dash NAV system again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads