Automatic Car Wash?

Automatic Car Wash?

This is a discussion on Automatic Car Wash? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Now I know what you're gonna say, since many of you are high caliber auto enthusiasts- "NO WAY I'm putting this car through an automated ...

Member #

Automatic Car Wash?

Now I know what you're gonna say, since many of you are high caliber auto enthusiasts- "NO WAY I'm putting this car through an automated drive-through wash." But since I am always pressed for time, I have done so with my Acura most of the time. The reason I bring this up is that on another forum, I saw some poor soul took his RRE through a car wash and BAM! The car wash equipment tore the rear spoiler partially off its attachment. There was all kinds of debate about coverage/payment, of course. Hopefully this was a freak occurrence.

Well, just FYI. I might stick to the touchless ones, if I don't have time to wash mine myself....when I get it

Anyone use a drive-through wash regularly? Still gonna? Tell us your experience!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I regularly use one for my 2007 4Runner, and my wife uses the same place for her Honda S2000 - The one I use in Santa Cruz is a family affair has been a round for some time, and the people who work there are very careful (taping down rear washer arms etc) and the equipment is quite gentle (for a car wash) and always in good maintenance. So I have stayed with them.
    Having said that, we did use one other car wash for the S2000, and it scraped one of the wheels quite badly. The staff just pointed to the sign that said they were not responsible for any damage. So we don't use them at all (and certainly ensure we don't recommend them to friends). I guess it's down to recommendations from other people.

Member #
    I have run my 2013 Pure Plus through the local car wash with the various rotating brushes, high presure jets and cyclone air dryer many times without any issues. I don't have the rear spoiler. TIP! Remind the attendant at the entrance not to turn off your Evoque, doing so will lock the E-brake. Also, show them how to fold in the mirrors using the mirror buttons or fold them in yourself. If the mirrors are folded in "manually" they will require a reset. Reset is done by power folding the mirrors through one cycle.
    Currently own:

1986 Vixen 21TD Motorhome- 55k
    1979 Lancia Beta Coupe - 45k "complete restoration in process"

Ads