Lower Control Arm Bushing Part Missing?

This is a discussion on Lower Control Arm Bushing Part Missing? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I've noticed what appears to be a part missing from my Evoque's front lower control arm bushing on the driver's side. I've attached the photos ...

Member #

I've noticed what appears to be a part missing from my Evoque's front lower control arm bushing on the driver's side. I've attached the photos of the bushings from the diver's side and the passenger's side for comparison. Can anyone tell me if the part is missing or is there only one of these located on the passenger's side. Easy to tell the missing part when comparing the two photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mstraka; 11-05-2016 at 02:34 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Mstraka, YES, you are definitely missing the bolt and cover(?) on the one side. I spent some time at a Land Rover site looking at parts diagrams, but couldn't find one that showed what you are missing. If it were me, I would get that looked at before doing much more driving.

Let us know how you make out with the repair.

Edit: Below is a link to a parts diagram for the front suspension. It shows the control arm, but not the bolt and cover.
    Let's hope it's not a part of the control arm assembly, and the bolt and cover aren't sold separately.

https://www.landrovermerriamparts.co...iagram=7125250
    Last edited by Rsquared; 11-06-2016 at 07:42 AM.

Member #

In Reply to Control Bushing Missing Part?

Rsquared,
    Do you have two of them on your car? Very easy to see when looking behind the rear of the front wheel. Here are two more photos attached from websites of this item. One shows with the plate the other shows without. Thatís what made me think there might be only one (I couldnít find an image that showed both control arm bushings simultaneously.) Maybe its an adjuster to equalize bushing tension? Let me know if you have two, then that settles the matter. I believe both of us have 2013 Evoques. Iím almost certain the dealer will scratch his head on this one since the Land Rover parts diagram doesnít show it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Mstraka, Just went out and looked under my MY13, and BOTH sides look the same as the picture with the yellow circle. I'd say you are missing a part. Can't imagine how that bolt could come loose.

Good luck, I hope the dealer can sort this out easily.

Member #
    Thanks Rsquared. I'll keep you updated to the outcome.

Member #
    My Range Rover dealer has hold me the part is called a dampener. If missing, it doesn't affect the safety of the car. They are going to install a new one. My guess is that the 'dampener' absorbs bushing vibration, thereby reducing the wear and extending the life of the bushing as well as smoothing road feel.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Mstraka, Glad to hear this can be easily sorted! Nice to win one once in a while, and not have to go through a nightmare to get something fixed.

Member #
    Anyone know how to remove the lower front control arm knuckle. I just made a thread about it???

Member #
    Had to use a hammer and punch on top side. Small duvet on joint shaft. Came right out 6 hrs and it was that easy

Ads