1st Lifted Evoque... 2" sus lift w/ 275/45r20. Not too much... not too little.

This is a discussion on 1st Lifted Evoque... 2" sus lift w/ 275/45r20. Not too much... not too little. within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; The Evoque squatted just a little too low for my standars. Getting in and out was also made more difficult with its stock profile by ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 1st Lifted Evoque... 2" sus lift w/ 275/45r20. Not too much... not too little.

Member #

Name:  DSC_0303web.jpg
Views: 16122
Size:  360.9 KBName:  DSC_0309web.jpg
Views: 19158
Size:  315.3 KB

The Evoque squatted just a little too low for my standars. Getting in and out was also made more difficult with its stock profile by putting your rearend practically on the ground to slide in to the drivers seat. Is it a sports car or an SUV? A simple, safe, non-comprimising suspension modification allowed us a 2" suspension lift and the ability to easily fit much sportier road hugging 275/45r20 tires. The mod is easily returned to stock if someone sees the need, but i my opinion this slight lift is not too much, not too little... its just right mh

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    From the pictures it is hard to tell it has been lifted 2". How tall are the tires? How much taller are the tires than factory tires on the 20" rims? It would be interesting to see a stock evoque next to the lifted one.

I think a two inch lift would be realy cool on the evoque.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    It looks like you till have the original tires on it right?

Member #
    The two inch lift is not a lot, but it is noticable. The stock evoque sits right on the ground with only 1 inch of clearance above the wheels to the fender. As u can see there is now 3 inches there. The tires are not stock size. Stock tire size is 245/45r20 which equals 28.7" tall by 9.6" wide... This evqoue has 275/45r20 which is a 29.7" tall and 11" wide. Yes, to see the differences clearly it would be better to show it side by side with a stock evoque... but I only have one

Member #
    Thank you for the answers to my questions. Now that you point it out I can see more space between the wheel and fender. Is FABTECH who made the 2" lift? Do you work for FABTECH?

That is pretty quick to be out with a 2" lift. How does it effect the way the Evoque handles on road curves?

I think it really would be great to see stock and it together and do understand you have only one.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    Is this something you plan to sell? I think other owners would be interested.

Member #
    I like it!! Can you get a picture from the rear to see the wider tire? Where did you purchase the kit?

Member #
    Would love to see more pictures! It looks great!

Member #
    Nicely done.

-Dano

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads