Fuel Flap lock

Fuel Flap lock

This is a discussion on Fuel Flap lock within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; 2013 Pure Plus: Owner's manual states the exterior fuel door locks when the vehicle is locked, and will not open until the vehicle is unlocked. ...

Thread: Fuel Flap lock

Member #

Fuel Flap lock

2013 Pure Plus: Owner's manual states the exterior fuel door locks when the vehicle is locked, and will not open until the vehicle is unlocked. My fuel door never locks, even though it has a 10-amp fuse [socket 34] in the glove box panel for this function.

Is the fuel door suppose to lock as the manual states? Would like to know before I confront the dealer with a warranty issue.

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Same as you my Evoque is a 2013 Pure Plus. I had assumed that it locked with the ignition off. Just tested it and the fuel door is unlocked like you exerience! Yes I'm going to see the dealer about this as I'm still on warranty. Thanks for the info.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Open your fuel filler door, take a look at the plastic where you place the gas cap when filling up. You will see a big round hole. If you look to the left of the filler tube, you will see a small hole in the plastic, that will line up to the big hole when the fuel filler door is closed. I believe in some markets, Evoques would be fitted with a solenoid that would extend a pin into the hole on the filler door, and lock the door closed. This is how the lockable cap works on my BMW. Remember, the manual is going to show all features, doesn't mean we have them on our vehicle.

Ads