A nice explanation of the ZF 9 Speed

This is a discussion on A nice explanation of the ZF 9 Speed within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; A nice explanation of the ZF 9 Speed see link below. I found it a good read and helped me understand the best way to ...

Member #

A nice explanation of the ZF 9 Speed see link below.

I found it a good read and helped me understand the best way to work with the shift points on the evoque and how important it is to have trans updates installed as they come out the last on I had done helped the car shift smother and it fills like it has more power

ZF's 9-Speed 9HP Transmission Puts Dog Clutches On The Leash

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Jimbo659, Very interesting article. Explains why many folks don't like the way the 9 speed shifts. We have a 6 speed in our MY13, and it shifts more like "the good old days" of automatics.

Thanks for posting the article.

Member #
    I just got used to it. Many people have hard time adapting. I drive CVT, MCT, DCT, etc often and switch them up so I have experienced it all.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks so much for this post. A lot of depth but it clears up a lot of my questions. I have gotten somewhat used to it but every time I use the paddles you can enjoy the hidden potential. I guess I'll swallow hard and ask about any software updates when I take it in. Ah, The good old days…

Member #
    I found the issue is with the AT trying to keep the car around 1400 revs, even in sport mode, do a bit constant speed driving in sport mode and it will drop to 1400 revs! This means the turbo isn't spooled up. So when you put your foot down, like any turbo car there is a lag while the turbo spools and then woosh turbo's online. I have driven in sport mode and just kept the revs at 2K so the is turbo spooled up already and delivering a health amount of torque. The car then does not: -
    1.) need to drop a gear it can stay in gear as the torque is available to accelerate
    2.) torque is spooled up eliminating turbo lag

They just need to update the software for sport mode...

Ads