Yellow Engine Light?

Yellow Engine Light?

This is a discussion on Yellow Engine Light? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Folks, Obviously the my car has to go to the dealer. However, yesterday I got a yellow engine light, a small picture of the engines ...

Member #

Yellow Engine Light?

Folks,
    Obviously the my car has to go to the dealer. However, yesterday I got a yellow engine light, a small picture of the engines profile. The manual states, I paraphrase, avoid high speeds and seek help "urgently". Yes it used that word "urgently, but states nothing further. The car has just over 1000 miles on it. Anyone like to venture a guess?
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Mine illuminated after about 4 days. Upon return to the dealer, I received 2 replies ;
    Service, "It could be anything from loose petrol cap, to computer error"
    Sales manager, "This is absurd. I'm getting you out of this car and into a new one"

Outcome:

Service detected a faulty turbo booster module, replaced within 24 hours.

New car ordered.

Member #
    For what it's worth, according to the service department numerous problems can cause the yellow engine warning light to come on. They found a pressure pump in my gas tank had failed. Obviously there is a pump to keep some head pressure on the fuel tank. Pump will not be available for two weeks. They claim the car is OK to drive.(?) Have driven it around town, no problems. A note, I'm contemplating putting a trailer hitch on the car. As I lay on my back I noticed what appears to be two desperate gas tanks split by the drive train. So, is there a transfer pump from one tank to the other or does the engine feed from both tanks? Something to keep in mind if this car has various fuel pump issues. Is it possible, if one has a bad transfer pump, to run out of gas with 1/2 a tank still showing on the fuel gauge? I'd bet, if it's a single feed, yes!

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I got the same light after a week. Took it in and they pulled the codes and it was just a miss communication from one of the cylinders. Light cleared itself over night. Been running fine ever since.

-Dano

Member #
    Stopped by dealer yesterday. Was told that infact the Evoque does have what they call a "saddle tank". In other words one tanks fuel has to be transferred into the other to be burned by a pump. Only one pick up is used.

Member #

Wink

I have the Range Rover Evoque 2014 Si4 model...Just 1000km mileage...My engine light came up all of a sudden and I was looking for a solution all over the Google...the problem was I haven't closed the fuel cup properly...It is written on the fuel lid if it isn't closed properly engine light may come up...just closed it until I hear the click sound...turn on the engine and the light was gone....simple as that...

Ads