Towing Package?

Towing Package?

This is a discussion on Towing Package? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Somewhere on this web site a gentleman told his story about the towing set up and his ordeal in finding a hitch or tongue and ...

Thread: Towing Package?

Member #

Towing Package?

Somewhere on this web site a gentleman told his story about the towing set up and his ordeal in finding a hitch or tongue and ball for his receiver. Land Rover wants a bunch of money for their product. Draw bar $337., wiring harness $250., and the hitch and ball $245. On top of that they are claiming about 4 hours for an install. Regardless, if I'm correct the gent stated that he was able to find the hitch at a Home Depot? Perhaps I could talk him into posting the name of the hitch or who made it so I could attempt to duplicate the product. Also, below is a link to the Evoque accessories web page with pictures. Thanks much.

Range Rover Evoque SUV Accessories | Land Rover USA

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    For what it's worth, finally sealed the deal with my dealer concerning an installation of a trailer hitch. Found out an interesting fact. The wiring harness for the Evoque is not compatible with LED trailer lights. The good news is Uhaul trailers are, I'm told, still about 50/50% with the older trailers non LED. Also, there are still manufacturers making new trailers with incandescent lights.

Member #
    That does not make sense to me. Why would it matter if it's LED or not? LED's use less current so it should be easier on the electrical system. My boat trailer is all LED lighting, I have never had an issue with a GMC, Toyota or Ford running the boat trailer lights.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    With LED lights, the Evoque wil not recognize that you attached a trailer. It will therefor not switch of f e.g. the rear sensors. Many European cars have this problem. The fact is that more and more trailers have LEDs. But who is responsible for the solution? The car or trailer manufacturer? There are solutions available. Just Google it. An example is: http://www.linearelectronicdesign.com/, but there are other solutions available.

Member #
    For what it's worth, Diamond Cargo makes trailers, of all kinds, that have all incadescent bulbs. Conversely Leonard trailers have incadesent running lights but the tail/brake lights are LED. It's not an insurmountable problem except maybe for boat trailers? Obviously the above device can be extremely helpful!
    Last edited by Skywagon; 03-31-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Ads