2017 500 miles. Dead Battery?

This is a discussion on 2017 500 miles. Dead Battery? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Went to Hawaii for 10 days and the car is dead. Had to use manual key to open door to open hood. Have had car ...

Member #

Went to Hawaii for 10 days and the car is dead. Had to use manual key to open door to open hood. Have had car for 1 month and this is the second time. Last time it was 4 day weekend and the low battery alarm was going off so we started it. This time, totally deal.

Key fobs no where near the car.
    Car was locked entire time in garage.

I cant really find anything in forums or web to match this scenario. I don't feel its a dead battery issue, more something draining it?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum.

I would have the dealer check for a battery drain. Shouldn't be too had to hook up an ammeter and check for excessive current flow.
    I would also ask for a "load test" to be preformed on the battery, just to make sure it's not a bad battery.

Member #
    YEah, that's what i will need to do. Unfortunately the one reason i was hesitant on buying Rover was the fact the closest dealer to my home is 2 hours. I just never thought it would be at 435 miles i would need to go there, lol

I do knoiw the car was on the showroom floor when we bought it, it the battery was dead when they went o get it off the floor. I wonder if the battery just never got a full recharge after that drain.

Ads