Fuel purge valve

Fuel purge valve

This is a discussion on Fuel purge valve within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I am trying to ascertain the location of the fuel purge vale on my 13 Evoque. Do any of my fellow rovers have a picture ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rsquared
  • 1 Post By Rsquared

Thread: Fuel purge valve

Member #

Fuel purge valve

I am trying to ascertain the location of the fuel purge vale on my 13 Evoque.
    Do any of my fellow rovers have a picture of where that is located? Please!!!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Pictures from the Factory Service Manual. I assume this is what you are looking for.

Name:  purge valve 1.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  37.6 KB

Evaporative Emissions - GTDi 2.0L Petrol - Evaporative Emissions -
    Component Location

1.Clean air purge 2 hose connection
    2. Clean air purge 2 hose
    3. Vapor purge 3 hose from purge valve
    4. Double check valve
    5. Venturi
    6. Purge valve
    7. Purge hose from charcoal canister
    8. Clean air purge hose
    9. Clean air purge hose connection with clean air intake upper duct
    10.Fuel tank vent hose to charcoal canister
    11. Fuel pump module (hidden)
    12. Fuel tank breather pipe
    13. Fuel tank breather pipe - upper
    14. Fuel tank filler cap
    15. Fuel tank filler pipe
    16. Fuel tank assembly
    17. Spider trap
    18. Charcoal canister bracket
    19. Charcoal canister
    20. Turbocharger vacuum hose (Ref only)
    21. Intake manifold
    COMPONENT LOCATION NAS

The purge valve is located on the LH side of the engine, forward of the intake manifold. The valve is attached to a bracket which is secured to the FEAD (front end accessory drive) idler pulley bracket.
    The vapor purge hose from the charcoal canister connects into the upper connection on the valve. The low connection provides for the attachment of the vapor outlet hose to the double check valve. An electrical connector on the top of the valve connects with the vehicle engine wiring harness.
    The purge valve is a solenoid operated valve which is closed when de-energized. The valve is controlled by the ECM and is
    operated when engine operating conditions are correct to allow vapor purging of the charcoal canister.
    The purge valve is controlled by PWM by the ECM. At this frequency the pulses of purged fuel vapor flows into the intake
    manifold in an almost continuous flow. The valve is operated at between 7% and 100% duty ratio, with the percentage
    representing the opening time.

Name:  purge valve 2.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  8.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rsquared; 04-04-2017 at 08:16 AM.
    lucavietto likes this.

Member #
    How do you remove the purge valve plastic hoses i cant fathom why its so impossible

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Received your PM, but the only thing I can provide is the picture above of the purge valve itself. Never tried to remove any hoses from it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

From the manual:

NOTE: NAS stands for North American Spec

The EVAP (evaporative emission) control system reduces the level of hydrocarbons released into the atmosphere by fuel vapour venting from the fuel tank. The system comprises a charcoal canister, a purge valve and interconnecting pipes and hoses. The vent pipes are connected to the system components using quick release connectors.

On NAS market vehicles, the system is sealed and contains a Diagnostic Monitoring Tank Leakage (DML) pump to pressurize the system and check for leakage.
    Last edited by Rsquared; 05-17-2017 at 01:59 PM.
    lucavietto likes this.

Member #
    I figured it out. You have to buy the part with all hoses attached its like a complete part number. Which makes it very expensive. Those hoses release way down on the chassis and in 3 other spots. Its like replacing half of the evap system all in one shot. Only way and it suks ass

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Skythizle View Post
    I figured it out. You have to buy the part with all hoses attached its like a complete part number. Which makes it very expensive. Those hoses release way down on the chassis and in 3 other spots. Its like replacing half of the evap system all in one shot. Only way and it suks ass
    did this fix your issue? if so what is the part number for the valve with hoses i cant find on any diagram anywhere. I bought the DMTL valve that is near the gas tank but would like to try and replace this one first before trying that.

Ads