Greetings from Chicago! We just got more options for Wheels & Tires

This is a discussion on Greetings from Chicago! We just got more options for Wheels & Tires within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello everyone, greetings from Chicago! I joined the Forum late February (before I picked up my Evoque on March 10th); I'm finally getting around to ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Hello everyone, greetings from Chicago!

I joined the Forum late February (before I picked up my Evoque on March 10th); I'm finally getting around to posting some pics & introducing myself. More importantly, I want to share with everyone that Tire Rack has just gone live with optional wheels, tires and packages for the Evoque.

Just after I picked mine up I checked the Tire rack website to see what wheel options they had for the Evoque (want 20" wheels but I'm not very fond of the OEM Style 6 and 7 wheels that Land Rover offers). They listed the Evoque and all 3 trim levels (Pure, Prestige, Dynamic), but did not have any wheels and/or tires listed.

I called them and a Sales Rep explained they still had not had the opportunity to measure an Evoque in order to offer online options (he mentioned that to their knowledge there were still no Evoques in South Bend Indiana, where Tire Rack is headquartered).The Sales Rep then said that if I was willing to drive my Evoque to South Bend (about 1 and 1/2 hours from Chicago), they would measure my vehicle for front & rear wheel/tire fitment options and use it as the baseline to offer products on the Tire Rack website. Best of all, he said that to compensate me for my time and driving, Tire Rack would sell me the wheel/tire package of my choice at wholesale price.

I drove the Evoque to Tire Rack last Monday, where one of their engineers measured the vehicle with a robotic arm that creates a 3D image on a computer screen (whole process took about an hour). They also washed the vehicle, drove it into a photo studio at their facility, and photographed it in order to use the image as the 5-door Evoque baseline for their "View on Vehicle" online option).

I just checked the Tire Rack website and they've already listed 23 wheels in 19", 20" and 22" diameters. So those of us considering changing from the OEM wheels (or keeping them for Winter as I'm doing) just got another option!

Here are some pics of my ride (including some at Tire Rack while it was being measured).

I look forward to being a member of the Evoque Forum. We have one SWEET ride!

Name:  RR SV.JPG
Views: 1177
Size:  254.2 KBName:  RR FA.JPG
Views: 576
Size:  239.2 KBName:  RR RA.JPG
Views: 599
Size:  306.0 KBName:  RR TR1.JPG
Views: 535
Size:  172.4 KBName:  RR TR2.JPG
Views: 564
Size:  167.8 KB
    Last edited by Chicago_Buckeye; 03-31-2012 at 11:40 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

DPI
    Member #
    great looking! Can you share exact model, options and deal made at the dealership? How long did delivery take?
    Enjoy!

AEC
    Member #
    OP, Thanks for doing this! I've been waiting for the Tire Rack to offer packages for the Evoque.

I'm not sure what's going on, but when I checked this morning, no wheels are listed for my Evoque. I'll have to check back later in the week.
    Last edited by AEC; 04-01-2012 at 10:03 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I'd been waiting too... There are some things that are still not up- Wheels are available, and some "winter packages", but for example, there are no 19" packages available. I'm still not crazy about the 20" wheel options. I would like to find a style similar to the style 6, but less expensive.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AEC View Post
    OP, Thanks for doing this! I've been waiting for the Tire Rack to offer packages for the Evoque.

I'm not sure what's going on, but when I checked this morning, no wheels are listed for my the Evoque. I'll have to check back later in the week.

You're welcome! Maybe you ran the wrong search?

I just double-checked and all 3 Evoque Trim models have wheels listed online.They can all use any of the 23 wheels listed, as the differences between Pure, Prestige and Dynamic do no affect wheel well or offset.

Search by going to: PRODUCTS / WHEELS / SHOP BY VEHICLE. You then enter MAKE (Land Rover) and YEAR (2012), MODEL (Range Rover Evoque / Range Rover Evoque Coupe), and finally choose the Trim Level (Pure/Prestige/Dynamic for 5 door, Pure/Dynamic for Coupe).

I just confirmed all 23 wheels in all 3 diameters (19", 20", 22") are showing for all Evoque models and Trim levels (Tire Rack engineer mentioned when I met him that same wheels would fit all models). Hope this helps.

Good luck and post some pics of your Evoque with the new wheels!
    Last edited by Chicago_Buckeye; 04-01-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Evocurious View Post
    I'd been waiting too... There are some things that are still not up- Wheels are available, and some "winter packages", but for example, there are no 19" packages available. I'm still not crazy about the 20" wheel options. I would like to find a style similar to the style 6, but less expensive.
    They're still working on the full-site functionality for the Evoque.

They measured my vehicle last Monday afternoon (will be a week tomorrow), and said it should be one to two weeks before everything was fully functional. They still haven't loaded an Evoque image for the "View on Vehicle" option. Hopefully they'll continue loading more wheels and options in the next few days.

Regarding the 20" wheel options available - I'm with you! Not crazy about the ones showing online as of now, although I would like something different from the LR Style 6 (they're very nice, but for some reason that style just doesn't do it for me).
    Last edited by Chicago_Buckeye; 04-01-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DPI View Post
    great looking! Can you share exact model, options and deal made at the dealership? How long did delivery take?
    Enjoy!
    Thanks! I was originally considering a White Pure Premium but then looked at this color combo and Trim and there was no going back from there.

Regarding your questions:

MODEL:
    Dynamic (Dynamic Premium Package adds $9,500 over Evoque $41,145 Base Price)

OPTIONS:
    Contrast Black Roof / Santorini Black ($650)
    Blind Spot Monitoring ($450)
    Climate Comfort Package ($1,000)
    Sirius Satellite Radio & HD Radio ($750)
    Gloss Black Strata ($350)
    Firenze Red Metallic Paint ($950)

Total asking price: $55,645

They're not negotiating much on pricing here in Chicago as these things are selling as soon as they arrive (during time waiting for my vehicle I saw them sell every new Evoque that arrived, in any Trim, within a few days of arrival). With that said, they chopped off $1000 off the asking price - not much, but this is the car for my wife (aka "She who Rules the World') and it is exactly what she wanted (if you're married you will understand)... peace and happiness at home are PRICELESS.

Delivery took less than a month (Dealers can check all Evoques (with their corresponding Trim levels, etc) being shipped to the States and reserve one for you if need be. This particular one had all the things I wanted, so we decided for it.

Hope this helps. Good luck and keep us posted on your purchase!

AEC
    Member #
    Thanks Buckeye, that works for me. I was using the "Upgrade Garage" from the main page and it doesn't list any wheels. Anyway, the best option for me from the ones listed is the BBS CK. Hopefully they will add some more options before next winter.

Member #
    Yes, thanks for doing this! Great to get the ball (wheel?) rolling!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

DPI
    Member #
    thanks for the excellent details! My wife likes black but I keep telling her that BLACK is not a color! <grin>

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads