2013 Evoque seat heaters

2013 Evoque seat heaters

This is a discussion on 2013 Evoque seat heaters within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I am looking to add some seat heaters in my 2013 Evoque. Is it possible to just swap out the heating control unit with one ...

Member #

2013 Evoque seat heaters

I am looking to add some seat heaters in my 2013 Evoque.

Is it possible to just swap out the heating control unit with one that has the seat heater buttons? It seems almost like a DYI.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum.

IMHO this would not be possible, or extremely expensive. You would have to buy the heating elements for the seats, then disassemble the seats to put the heating elements in. I also doubt that the wiring is in place to connect to the seat elements, or the button to turn the heaters on.

It seems that nothing is simple in a modern vehicle.

Member #
    Thank you for the welcome and the response.

I thought I had read that all the wiring (including the seats) would already be in place. There seems to be some logic in Land Rover not having several very unique wiring harnesses depending on options.

A used climate control unit is not that unreasonable.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    The wiring may in fact be in place. But, you would still have to install the heating elements in the seats. Have a look at the parts diagram at the link below. You can see the parts numbers, and an exploded view of the seat, as to where the elements go.

https://www.landrovermerriamparts.co...iagram=7125390

Member #
    Awesome! Thanks for the diagram. So it looks like the heating elements are about $150 per seat. That's $300 for the heaters. Another $200 for a used control unit. Then labor to install the elements.

Does this sound possible? I know the control module also has the button for the heated windshield but having that inoperative would not bother me.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    It sounds like you really want to have this option. I guess if you want to spend enough money, this may be possible.
    Good luck, and let us know how you make out with this project.

Member #
    Well I like factory when at all possible.

On the money side I am getting quotes of about $700 for aftermarket seat heaters.

Right now I should be able to get a used climate unit for $200, the OEM seat heaters for $300, and the module for $30. That's $530 which leaves $170 for labor to install the heating elements.

I just need to find out of the wiring is all the same behind the climate unit and if the wiring goes to the seats.

Member #
    Well I thought I would just update the board as to my quest to get heated seats installed in my Evoque. I found an independent Land Rover dealer who was willing to work with me. We checked the fuseblock in the left cargo area. Not only did the fuse locations have both tabs they actually had the 15 amp fuses installed. The tech confirmed with a LR source that the wiring is indeed in the car for the seats. One blip was the controller....I had hoped to get one used but they suggested that it is coded by VIN for the car and therefore used ubits would not work without being sent back for factory re-coding. However they could code a new one. Now I am supplying parts so I don't see why this would be a misrepresentation.

So I purchased 4 heating elements for $270. One climate control unit (with heated seats but w/o heated windshield) for $425, And two seat modules for $60. The rest will be labor and I think most of that will be for tearing the seats down for the elements.

As a side note I also will be installing a heated steering wheel. I found a complete (less airbag) heated steering wheel on EBAY for $90 shipped with all the wiring. I ordered a new clock spring for $145 and feel very comfortable in swapping them over. I checked the fuse location in the engine compartment and there was a fuse in the location for the heated wheel.

As soon as the parts arrive I will make an appointment and come back to let you know how it went.

Ads