oil and oil filter questions

This is a discussion on oil and oil filter questions within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; How important is it to use the "prescribed" brand of oil (Castrol) and the "factory" oil filter in a 2013 RR Evoque? I recently had ...

Member #

How important is it to use the "prescribed" brand of oil (Castrol) and the "factory" oil filter in a 2013 RR Evoque? I recently had mine changed and used a Val oil that meets specs--then added a very inexpensive filter-----now I wonder if I did the right thing.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum!

IMHO I think that Castrol is one of the best oils on the market. I have used it for decades with good results. Having said that, everyone has an opinion of the best oil. As for the filter, you should use a filter designed to be used with full synthetic oil, like a Fram XG3614. I assume you did use a full synthetic oil? At the least, I would replace the filter with one designed for full synthetic oil. Shouldn't lose too much oil doing this, and should be easy to top up afterwards.

Member #
    I think it's very important to use their factory oil it reduces the possibility of carbon buildup on the intake manifold on all of these eco-boost motor they tend to build up carbon on the intake manifold and cheaper oil adds to the problem

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    To use the oil they specify (Castrol 5W-30 WSS-MC913-C) do you have to go to the dealer to get your oil changed? I think only the Castrol Edge Professional specifically has that specification mentioned.

Member #
    No I don't think so I believe you can purchase the oil and have anybody put it in for you may need to get the oil filter from the dealer

Ads