What does "adaptive dynamics" do?

This is a discussion on What does "adaptive dynamics" do? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I'm about to buy a dynamic evoque 5 door but it doesn't have the adaptive dynamics option. What does this do?...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What does "adaptive dynamics" do?

Member #

I'm about to buy a dynamic evoque 5 door but it doesn't have the adaptive dynamics option. What does this do?

2. # ADS
    Ads

AEC
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno787 View Post
    I'm about to buy a dynamic evoque 5 door but it doesn't have the adaptive dynamics option. What does this do?
    It's an optional suspension with magnetically controlled shock absorbers that can adjust to road conditions many times per second. A similar system can be found on Corvettes and Ferarris.

I have a Dynamic Evoque without the option and I find the ride and handling to be quite good.

Member #
    I opted to get my Evoque with it, cause I hear it make the car more sporty, and a little more fun to drive. Plus... why not get all the gadgets. I cant wait to get mine in June.

Eric

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Concur with the above statements. I think, and I empahsize THINK, it's done by a computer changing the viscosity of the shock absorber fluid by changing a magnetic charge. The fluid has magnetic particles in it and as the computer changes the charge the thickness of the fluid is changed therefore slowing or increasing the flow of the fluid throuigh the valves in the shock absober............I think?

Member #
    So couldn't this electronically controlled magnetic dampers/shocks be a potential liability as the car ages? As much as I'd like to get a fully optioned car, the one I'm getting is already in stock and ready to ship fully loaded except for the adaptive dynamics, so I'm confused

Member #
    It does offer a better ride on rough roads. I am very glad I have it, I could felel the differance between the car with out it and mine.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    I got my Dynamic without it figuring the stock suspension was sporty enough, and now I am looking into some H&R springs. The stock ride is a great compromise between handling and comfort, but it's the body roll in corners that I can't stand. The adaptive handling will allow you to keep the comfortable ride but eliminate the roll, the best of both worlds. And it is priced very reasonably to boot. Since it can't be added later, I would get it now so you have no regrets.

Go drive both and choose the one that fits you best.

Member #
    Put six hundred miles on my car yesterday. Get the upgrade. Ride is day and night difference!!!!!! High speed handling around long freeway turns showed no notable leaning.
    FLSTFIDave likes this.

Member #
    Just ordered my si4 dynamic with the AD option. Changes the whole handling dynamic for a fun drive and love the way the whole dash changes to red... Very cool, get it.

Member #
    Hey guys - new to the forum but really appreciate all the great info!

Quick question - I'm looking at purchasing a 2012 "demonstrator" from a Land Rover dealer in North Carolina. The dealer is confident that the car does NOT have the Adaptive Dynamics option (and the window sticker backs that up), but the terrain response indicator has all 5 icons (including the Dynamic option) and when driving, the Dynamic mode is selectable (the gauges turn red and the "Dynamic" mode is indicated in the dash). I have understood that the Dynamic mode only exists when the Adaptive Dynamics option is included, so I am now pretty confused... can anyone shed some light? I'm of course hoping the dealer is just wrong and the car in fact has AD...

Thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads