Touch Free Car Wash Damage

Touch Free Car Wash Damage

This is a discussion on Touch Free Car Wash Damage within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I recently made the horrible decision to take my 2015 Evoque (21,000 miles) through a "state of the art" touch free car wash in the ...

Member #

Exclamation Touch Free Car Wash Damage

I recently made the horrible decision to take my 2015 Evoque (21,000 miles) through a "state of the art" touch free car wash in the Charlotte, NC area. I chose the most basic wash, rinse and dry option. Upon getting out and further drying my car, I noticed spotting/fading on the black plastic parts of both side mirrors, black part of headlight covers and the black rubber strips above all windows. I am just sickened by this. I searched online to find that touch free car washes use harsher chemicals in their soap to get the job done since brushes are not used. I then contacted my Land Rover dealer and was told they see this kind of thing all the time...typically even worse where the paint is even damaged. I contacted the location manager and eventually got a call from the person who handles these issues for the owner of all 4 Charlotte locations. He admitted this has and can happen, but that he uses a product called Product X by Blue Coral. I sent him pictures of the damaged areas and he was more than eager to come to my location for what he said would be "an easy fix".
    I do not want to make another decision I'll regret and I'm concerned about what these areas will look like a few months or longer after application. My dealership has not heard of Product X and it does not appear to be something you can just buy online, so I could not find any good or bad reviews for it. As I was told, the only permanent fix is replacing the damaged parts, even if that means I'd have to file an insurance claim.
    If anyone has had a similar experience or knows anything about Product X, your input would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    DME, Sorry to see you've had this damage. I can understand why you were sick when you found this.
    If you look at post #9 at the auto geek forum, link is below, there is some information about Product X. It seems it is a commercial product and not available to the general public. If the owner of the car wash is willing to try to rectify the problem, if it were me, I'd let him try.

Let us know how you make out, and good luck.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...product-x.html

Ads