Meridian Surround System

Meridian Surround System

This is a discussion on Meridian Surround System within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I have a question for those of you that have the 825w Meridian surround system. Will it play DVD-Audio discs (lossless 5.1 MLP)? Most of ...

Member #

Meridian Surround System

I have a question for those of you that have the 825w Meridian surround system. Will it play DVD-Audio discs (lossless 5.1 MLP)? Most of the info I'm finding talks about Meridian Trifield, PLIIX and DTS Neo6, which all convert stereo signals into surround. To be clear, I'm talking about DVD-Audio discs, not regular DVD movie discs. I'm hoping to be able to test drive one this weekend and I'll bring a couple of test discs with me, but I'd let to get some feedback from current owners. Thanks!
    Last edited by Odys; 04-05-2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I'm not sure about DVD music discs but I would assume so being that every other DVD system I've ever had has. The system seems to play about everything I have put on a disc so far including burnt DVDs .

Member #
    Found this on a Speed Channel page. Maybe someone here can dry a DVD audio, I only have the lower end system or I'd do it myself.

MUSIC, DELIVERED HOWEVER DESIRED. One’s entertainment preference should never be compromised or limited by the vehicle. The Range Rover Evoque invites the latest audio technology. AM/FM/HD/Satellite radio,** CD, DVD-Audio, iPod®, USB, Bluetooth® Streaming, Virtual 10 CD Storage (full CD quality).

link: SPEED Test Drive: Range Rover Evoque

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gimme View Post
    Found this on a Speed Channel page. Maybe someone here can dry a DVD audio, I only have the lower end system or I'd do it myself.

MUSIC, DELIVERED HOWEVER DESIRED. One’s entertainment preference should never be compromised or limited by the vehicle. The Range Rover Evoque invites the latest audio technology. AM/FM/HD/Satellite radio,** CD, DVD-Audio, iPod®, USB, Bluetooth® Streaming, Virtual 10 CD Storage (full CD quality).

link: SPEED Test Drive: Range Rover Evoque
    I found that link too and got excited. Unfortunately I tested it out myself over the weekend and it was only partially true. It did read the DVD-Audio disc, but it only played the lossy DTS and Dolby 5.1 surround portions of the disc, it would not read the lossless MLP 5.1 portion of the disc. Considering Meridian invented MLP (Meridian Lossless Packaging), you'd think they would have included the option of playing it on their system. In my further testing over the weekend, both the Mercedes Benz and the Lexus premium surround systems properly read the DVD-Audio disc. BMW did not recognize the disc at all. Thanks for the responses.

Member #
    Too bad. Both Meridian systems deserve a 24 bit source.

Ads